• Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

I'll bet that raisin will cost $1000+

I just bit into a raisin from some trail mix and something very hard inside the raisin cracked an upper rear molar in half, further delaying kewl tool purchases.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Sorry 'bout your dilemma. I quit giving my German Shepherds Trail Mix because of hard to chew ingredients.

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I recently bought some peanuts here labeled "Buttery Peanuts". Almost hard as a rock!

I feel for you. I have had that happen too. No fun at all. A cracked tooth or lost filling usually happens to me or my wife within a day of an international travel schedule.

BTW, this reminds me that I have begun seeing "dentist" offices in some international airports - at least here in Japan.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Wood_workur
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • Ohio
        • Ryobi bt3100-1

that really sucks. how much is insurance covering, and why not write to the company?
        Alex

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

Originally posted by Wood_workur
          that really sucks. how much is insurance covering, and why not write to the company?
          Well I went to the dentist this afternoon. My dentist, who rocks, takes a look at it and says, "it looks bad, but I think I can fix it w/o having to do a crown." And then she went on to do just that.

I don't have dental insurance. So I pay for all dental work. A crown would have been a used Unisaw. A filling is a couple of nice blades.

But I am going to contact the company and complain. I realize that foreign objects are found in food all the time. But just in case they've gotten other complaints, they make like to connect the dots (just in case, for example, they need to switch raisin suppliers or something).

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

OUCH! I'd be sending a copy of the receipt for dental work too.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...