Another Close Call

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    Another Close Call

    Several months ago I got called out (and rightfully so) by some of you fine folks for my behaviour after someone ran a stop sign and I almost hit them. The same thing happened this morning at the same intersection and it was an even closer call. Today I stayed with the car. This time a sheriff's deputy happened to be behind me. I waved him off to let him know we were ok and he turned around to chase the other driver.

    Anyhoo, the littlest one slept through the whole thing, including getting my car unstuck from the mud (soft shoulder, lots of rain). The shaking didn't really start till after I'd dropped the kids off at my folks. I couldn't let the oldest see anything was wrong. She did want to know why we got stuck in the mud though.
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • p8ntblr
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 921
    • So Cal
    • Craftsman 22114

    #2
    Maybe it's time they make that a 4-way stop. Good to know you and your kids were ok.
    -Paul

    Comment

    • Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • 6021
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

      #3
      When things like that happen, you just want to get out and kick the crap out of them. But in the age we live in, just getting out of your car might cause someone to shoot you.

      Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

      For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

      Comment

      • jhart
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • 1715
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

        #4
        Ed, you arn't wrong about that!! Lots of crazy people in cars today. My temper has really toned down in the last few years (maybe it's just getting older??) when I'm driving and I just try not to let it bother me. Sometimes, it's really tough to do
        Joe
        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

        Comment

        Working...