Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Free $100 Gift Card

GET A GOOD LOOK AT THE MAIL IN REBATE CERTIFICATE

It seems that none of the HD employees knew about the offer or where the redemption certificates were kept or what they even look like. Here's the story. In last Sundays paper, HD had a separate flyer that on one page showed different types of fiberglass insulation. Well, the deal is this: If you buy $300 of insulation on one receipt, you mail in this certificate and get a $100 gift card.

Since we are tearing down all our ceilings in the front part of the house, this was a good deal to buy all of it at once, and get the card. Yesterday, I am at the register with two flatbed carts loaded way too high, waiting for over 30 minutes for some employee who knew about this deal. I had to explain that HD ran an ad with this offer. You would think they might tell their employees about it. Or, maybe post the ad in the employee lounge if they have one, but noooo. Finally, the store manager came over and found the certificates after a few calls.

• MilDoc

Had the same experience buying Ridgid tools and people looking for 30 minutes for the mail-in certificates for their "Lifetime Warranty." IMHO that's why I like Lowes better.

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

Is it me or is fiberglass spelled wrong?

Comment

• Alex Franke
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2007
        • Chapel Hill, NC
        • Ryobi BT3100

Fiberglas is a brand name of the generic material fiberglass -- I'm pretty sure it's Owens-Corning.
        online at http://www.theFrankes.com
        while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
        "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• TheRic
          • Jun 2004
          • West Central Ohio
          • bt3100

Mildoc, I just register my Ridgid Limited Lifetime Warranty on line, takes only a few minutes. When you done on line you need to send in the UPC and receipt.

Don't know about you but I would rather type in the info, than print it on a card. Also better chance they can read it.
          Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

Working...