Clear All
  • tonyps
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • Durham,NC
    • Delta 10"

Watch who you deal with!!

Afternoon,
    Well, I thought I would have a "tool gloat" to share (I know, not in this forum) by now, but turns out NOT!! I purchased (or thought I had) at the Greensboro WW show, a Shop Fox 19" Bandsaw from the young fellow there.
    To date, my CC has been charged, I have been promised three different pickup dates and no Bandsaw. I contacted the Head Office, Woodstock International, today up in WA. state to see if they could assist. Think my next call is going to be the folks that put on the WW show to give them an earful about doing a bit more "vetting" on who they allow in as a vendor!!!!!
    I have always tended to shy away from buying something at the shows that I could not take immediate delivery of, just because of this type of issue. The guy is out of Woodbridge, VA, the deal made even sweeter by the fact that I did not have to pay sales tax since he is out of VA and I am in NC and the FIL who lives in VA was going to stop by and pickup the Bandsaw and drop it off here for me.........Great potential price, NO SERVICE!
    The guys name: Lance M. Frye
    His website: shop-fox-machinery.com
    When you call the main number, you get a furniture store of some sort (which I was not made aware of when I bought the Bandsaw), and I did not know until the first time I called to check on the order...
    When that little voice on your shoulder is talking, take time to listen!!
    Best to all,
    Tony ...
  • Jbridge337
    Established Member
    • Nov 2004
    • GA.

Make your next call to your CC company and file a complaint so the process for a charge back can be started.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Evening Tony...

I happened to call that furniture store today with a number on the site. I was shopping for a 20" planer and the phone was a voice mail at some furniture store. I thought I just had a wrong number and hung up.. pursued elsewhere. Did you call Shopfox and see if he is one of their dealers?

If not do so and if not.. as jbridge stated, call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges on him! Funny that he would be at a show exhibiting and then turn out to be fraudulent... that's really going out on a limb. But anything goes I suppose these days.

Maybe all will be well.. but at this point I would be leary also! Might be best as jbridge metioned to call the CC company and put on the emergency brakes.

Regards...

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Call the CC co and contest the charge. That will get him to respond if nothing else does. I had a (rather large) co a while back not ship something as promised. After a few calls over a few weeks I contested the charge. The item arrived overnighted at the co's expense a few days later.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Alex Franke
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2007
          • Chapel Hill, NC
          • Ryobi BT3100

I agree -- call the cc company. Based on my experience (not the receiving end, mind you!), they can pounce really hard on sketchy practices like that.
          online at http://www.theFrankes.com
          while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
          "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• whitecobra
            Established Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
            • BT3K with most accessories

And to add to the rest don't waste your time complaining to the show people
            ALL they do is provide a show booth

It is NOT thier issue to check references or the like

If they get paid they let them in if not there will be an open booth

Don't look like a crazy person by complaining to the show producer he has NO control of the people who rent

Dr D
            Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
            www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• mkel2000
              Forum Newbie
              • May 2004
              • Lakeside, CA, USA.

Originally posted by tonyps
              The guys name: Lance M. Frye
              His website: shop-fox-machinery.com

Tony ...
              A check of the domain registration gives the following:

Domain registered: 2/10/2007
              Domain expires: 2/10/2008

Owner: Lance M. Frye
              12579 McIntire Dr.
              Woodbridge, VA 22192
              (703) 491-6849

Mark

Comment

• BearPipes-1
                Established Member
                • May 2006
                • Silicon Valley, CA
                • Ryobi BT3100

I respectfully disagree with Dr Dave.

The folks who put on shows want the exhibitors' money, it's true. But they also want people to attend the shows, or there won't be exhibitors in the future. Whether this situation demonstrates fraud or simply a "failure to execute," it reflects poorly on the show, not just on the exhibitor.

Politely describing the problem to the show management won't make anybody look crazy, and if the show's representatives listen, sharing the story may keep someone else from being fleeced at another show, if this person is thinking of continuing this "business."

Raging at the show management like a bull in a china shop, expecting satisfaction from them, would be another story indeed.
                Don't just say no to kickback.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
                  Evening Tony...

I happened to call that furniture store today with a number on the site. I was shopping for a 20" planer and the phone was a voice mail at some furniture store. I thought I just had a wrong number and hung up.. pursued elsewhere. Did you call Shopfox and see if he is one of their dealers?

If not do so and if not.. as jbridge stated, call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges on him! Funny that he would be at a show exhibiting and then turn out to be fraudulent... that's really going out on a limb. But anything goes I suppose these days.

Maybe all will be well.. but at this point I would be leary also! Might be best as jbridge metioned to call the CC company and put on the emergency brakes.

Regards...
                  From their website . . .

Thanks for visiting Shop-Fox-Machinery.com. We have been in business as a furniture manufacturer and distributor in various wood-related products since 1993. We have facilities in Northern Virginia and North Carolina and have qualified, knowledgeable staff on hand who have been working with wood and metalworking machinery for decades. We enjoy the manufacturing process tremendously, both as an exciting way to create new things and a challenge to grow an enterprise. That is why we understand where you, the small woodworker or large manufacturer are coming from, in trying to find machinery that is the best in quality and design, at the most competitive price. We believe that with Shop Fox Machinery, we are able to offer all those things. We are here to help you find what you are looking for at a suprisingly low price.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • York, PA, USA.

Their prices look about average for a Shop Fox dealer. The W1741 is $682.50 and I got mine from a local dealer for $650. The Utter Guys on eBay sell the same stuff for around the same price. So the prices themselve aren't suspect.

My guess is that you are just getting really bad customer service. You state they have promised delivery 3 times, so it sounds like they are responding to your inquiries. Why not just cancel the order?

Comment

• tonyps
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Dec 2006
                      • Durham,NC
                      • Delta 10"

Re: Watch who you deal with!!

Evening all,
                      I have, as of late yesterday, canceled the order and requested the refund of the purchase price.
                      I intend to pursue speaking with the folks who hosted the show to make them aware, whether they can/will do anything about it....
                      Just a word to the wise...
                      Best to all,
                      Tony ...

Comment

• Crash2510
                        • Feb 2006
                        • North Central Ohio

If you really want your tools bother him like telemarketers bother me and call his home phone

LANCE FRYE
                        12579 MCINTIRE DR
                        WOODBRIDGE, VA 22192
                        (703) 494-3793

This might help

thank you online phonebook
                        Phil In Ohio
                        The basement woodworker

Comment

• tonyps
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2006
                          • Durham,NC
                          • Delta 10"

Re: Watch who you deal with!!

Evening,
                          Well, got a message from the original vendor today, stating the funds had been credited back to my CC. Also mentioned that he we drop me a note when the machines do come in, in case I am interested in purchasing one.
                          Well, not today or any other day, thank ya!!
                          Talked to the fine folks and bibbtools&cutter. So happens they have the exact machine, $21.00 bucks more and feee shipping!!!
                          So, ordered one, been told it should be here tomorrow afternoon, trucking terminal about a mile form the house....
                          So, still plan to finish my follow ups with all the folks on my list, make them all aware that they need to do a better job....
                          Best to all,

Tony ...

Comment

• lcm1947
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2004
                            • Austin, Texas
                            • BT 3100-1

Sounds like it'll turn out OK. Good for you and I am glad to hear it. Kinda rough there for awhile though I know. Good luck.
                            May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2005
                              • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by tonyps
                              Evening,
                              Well, got a message from the original vendor today, stating the funds had been credited back to my CC. Also mentioned that he we drop me a note when the machines do come in, in case I am interested in purchasing one.
                              Well, not today or any other day, thank ya!!
                              Talked to the fine folks and bibbtools&cutter. So happens they have the exact machine, $21.00 bucks more and feee shipping!!!
                              So, ordered one, been told it should be here tomorrow afternoon, trucking terminal about a mile form the house....
                              So, still plan to finish my follow ups with all the folks on my list, make them all aware that they need to do a better job....
                              Best to all,

Tony ...
                              What was your final price shipped? I may get mine from Bibb Tools & Cutter as well.

Comment

Working...