• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

NASCAR Fans Join Me

Sunday 2/18/2007 is the 6TH anniversary of the death of Dale Earnhardt. Join me and millions of fans at home and at the track by standing and raising you hand and giving the 3 finger salute on lap 3 of the race. WE can do this not only in his memory buts also in memory of Benny Parsons and Bobby Hamilton.

I was never a big Earnhardt fan but his death affected my like no other for some reason and I have been involved in racing all my life. I now have an understanding of people who memorialize John Lennon, Elvis and others.

Like someone said that day " I cheered when he crashed and then I cried"

Tom
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Hi Tom - Like you, I wasn't a direct Earnhardt fan, but I knew very well what he did for the sport, and it was definitely better off with him than without. I was definitely saddened by his accident.

BP's passing hit me hard, considering that I've never met the guy! He was a pretty likable TV personality.

...Add Neil Bonnet to your list of those worthy of remembrance.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• MadMac58
      Handtools only
      • Feb 2005
      • Norcross, GA, USA.
      • BT3000

Tom,
      Every NASCAR Race, I fly the #3 and #8 flag. What better way to support the best drivers?

MadMac58

(Shut up Benny ... we need to hear the race) We'll miss him

MadMac58
      Cry \'Havoc,\' and let slip the dogs of war -- William Shakespeare

Comment

Working...