• Show
Clear All
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

Which phone is best: RAZR v3m or v325i?

OK. I've been around now a couple of days, so I thought I'd try the coffee. Mmmm....

While I'm here... People are starting to mistake my cell phone for a cordless home phone, so I think it's about time I upgrade from this antiquated unsupported no-frills device and get something cool. Last I cared about any of this was nearly ten years ago.

So my company (a large university) has a deal with Verizon. Cheapskate that I am, I have my eye on the two phones that come free (maybe one eye on each) with the deal: the RAZR v3m and the v325i -- both Motorola, as for as I can tell.

Can anyone nudge me in the right direction here?
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates
  • greencat
    Established Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Grand Haven Mi

I would vote for the V325i. My wife has a v3m and I don't like the feel of it. I don't care for the buttons. You may want to visit a store and hold both. The other problem with the v3m is poor battery life. Maybe 36 hours standby time on the V3m when I can get 96 on my e815.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

Comment

• Alex Franke
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Chapel Hill, NC
      • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks, greencat.

It looks like the LG VX8300 is also a free on this deal. LG has some pretty good consumer electronics -- anyone have any experience with this phone?

It looks like the v3m is out of the running because of battery life. I read that complaint somewhere else, too. The comment I saw was, "If you want pretty phone, go for the v3m, but if you want your phone to be useful, go with something else." I also heard that the software interface is poor...
      "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Whit
        Established Member
        • Apr 2003
        • Denton, Tx, USA.
        • BT3000, BT3100

Cell phone

We just got the LG VX5300 yesterday and it appears to have a short battery life. With a full battery charge and about 45minutes of talk time the battery is down to 1 bar showing in the battery. Is this normal or do I need to get another phone. We do not need all the bells and whistles. Just wanted a folding phone thinking it would be a better fit, mouth to ear.
        Suggestions??
        Whit

Comment

• Crash2510
          • Feb 2006
          • North Central Ohio

My V3M makes me want to pull my hair out

avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid this pos
          Phil In Ohio
          The basement woodworker

Comment

• Alex Franke
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • Chapel Hill, NC
            • Ryobi BT3100

Well, I called Sprint to ask about cancelling my current plan and they were very intent on keeping me as a customer. The guy said, "You've been with us for 8 years ...and you always pay on time." Uh... Is that really so unusual? I guess I should feel complimented for doing exactly what I agreed to do.

So they met what Verizon was offering in minutes and features, offered a lower price than my company discount, and they want to throw in some free "LG Fusic" phones to match the LG VX8300 that I mentioned I was looking at.

Now I'm totally confused.

Anyone have an opinion on Sprint versus Verizon?

Comment

Working...