• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

I'm Trouble 2

LOML is really upset with me and I will not apologize. I came in from out in the Garage this evening to find Fox News on and STILL going on about the death of Anna Nicole Smith. I then expressed my opinion about the sorry state of the Country's new media (except the station the had the interview with Amish family) and the people who waste all their time watch and listing to that trash. Then I made the comment of where is Geraldo, Jesse, Nance and Gretta. That was not politically correct and the temp drop 100 degrees in our house. There has got to be more important stuff going on in the world than spend the whole day on one story. Oh well she will get over it, Dish network has Court TV back. At least NASCAR is on this weekend. Thank for letting me Rant.

Tom
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Is there a full moon out tonight?
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

At least this is a real story. The biggest waste of air time is the plethura of "Reality" TV. Most of that garbage ranks right up there with Springer and pro wrestling.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Tom,

You are not the only person who is thinking that way. My first few thoughts when this hit are as follows:

1. Poor little kid.
        2. Great another 2 week media circus.
        3. I wonder what drugs were involved this time.

Comment

• jhart
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

1 day's coverage would have been ok, but they just keep talking about it. My thoughts after about the 10th time seeing something on it it that "must be awful slow news day out there". We'll be hearing about this for months and months
          Joe
          "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

I think they should have a newscast with the title "Yesterday's News" or "News from the past month". Then for everyone who can't get enough, it'll be there for them. I'll pass, myself.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• jackellis
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

I don't know what the big deal is, either, but I'm begining to think the fascination with Anna Nicole Smith is a female thing. A woman I know who is usually no-nonsense and down-to-earth about stuff like this was surprisingly sympathetic to her plight.

A lot of us come from humble beginnings and have worked hard to make something of ourselves without doing drugs or sucking up to rich, lonely old geezers.

If my wife has a different opinion, I'll report back tomorrow evening.

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

I think ya'll are missing half the point of this post! Ain't anything we can do about ANS now. Tom (TBRoyce) is the one in trouble!
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• TB Roye
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                  • BT3100

Alls cool this evening. Court TV came back on last night. It has been off for 5 weeks due to contract negotiations with Dish Network so she will be a happy person now. ANS died due her lifestyle period. The news networks are a PITA. My LOML is a educated women who had a very well paying job in the public housing field and it shocks me sometimes what get her interest it's almost totally the opposite of the way she was when she was working. But I do think it is a woman thing but then racing and football are men things so I guess I should be quiet. Well all most time for the Bud Shoot Out, ( a guy thing)

Tom

Comment

• Russianwolf
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                    • One of them there Toy saws

I'm just tired of hearing them mention her and Marilyn Monroe in the same sentence. There is no comparison between the two in any context IMO.
                    Mike
                    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• crokett
                      The Full Monte
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Mebane, NC, USA.
                      • Ryobi BT3000

This is why you need two TVs. I am downstairs watching TV while my wife is upstairs watching some show or other on ANS.
                      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• JamesDad
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Mar 2006

The facination with ANS

Tom,
                        First, tell your wife that you love her and will always love her forever. That will help warm the temperature in your house. Second, you need to remember the reason you were attracted to your wife in the first place - you liked her looks didn't you? All women relate to the problems that Anna Nicole Smith went through because of the fact that all women have to deal with the male perspective of viewing the worth of a woman based on her looks, as she was. Men are viewed as attractive when they get older and gray haired - women are just viewed as old. It is common for an older wealthy man to dump the wife of his youth that has born his children and worked hard to raise them but has lost the beauty and glow of her youth then marry a younger prettier woman. The reverse is not common. So what does that tell you about how men view the value of women?

Women find her story sad because of many things, especially because she recently lost her son and she left behind a baby that will never know her mother. Only after a male decides he likes the hair and skin and face and shape of a woman does he then bother to find out if she is kind, intelligent, funny, and other such good things - that is from personal experience and from observation of others for several decades. You never had to deal with such things as a woman does when she is in her 20s and 30s so you don't understand such things. Your wife did. Ask her about it and you will begin to understand more about women. The facination you wonder about has to deal with a problem that women share in every country around the world in every language. Begin to understand that problem and you will begin to understand the facination.
                        Show your wife that you value her for more than her looks or what she does for you - talk to her about what is important to her and actually listen to what she says to you. She'll love you for it and will be facinated with you, and you might find that a woman that loves you and is facinated by you is very beautiful.

JamesDad's wife

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2003
                          • Nanuet, NY, USA.
                          • BT3100

Sorry for the lack of sympathy, Anna Nichole WHO? (as in who really cares).

Remember 911, or has the TV audience forgotten a "real news" story already.

Bruce
                          "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
                          Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
                            • Dec 2006
                            • hagerstown, md

I was about to say looks like JamesDad has read women are from mars.....but then I noticed JamesDad's wife at the bottom.
                            パトリック
                            daiku woodworking
                            ^deshi^
                            neoshed

Comment

• TB Roye
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                              • BT3100

James Dads wife

We are cool after almost 41 years of marrieage(Feb 26th) our little tiffs don't last long, never let each other go to be without saying I love you. I just got really ticked at Fox and their coverage and voiced my opinion on the whole thing. She didn't agree with me and got upset. I got up at 5:45am yesterday and she had on and it was still on last night when I came in for dinner at 6:30pm. The news media in this county is way over the top and is neither fair nor balanced. Turned on Fox News this evening before turning on the NASCAR race on regular Fox and there was good old Geraldo in Miami, all's right with the world the ace reporter has got it handled. The ANS thing is going to be a Circus, and that is a shame with every idiot man claiming fatherhood and trying to find the little girl by her grandmother it is going to get crazier. This whole celebrity this is over the top. Better stop before I really go off. I fell in love with my wife the first time I saw her and still do today only more so. I tick her off with my things but we have fun and it is fun to make up.

Tom

Tom

Comment

Working...