• Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

DVD Creation help, please

I was finally able to transfer some videos from my DVR to my PC. I have converted the .ts files to DVD ready Audio_TS and Video_TS folders, which I can burn to DVD and have them play.

Is there a way I can multiples of these files on one DVD? For example, each NYW episode has its own folders, but I would like to put multiple episodes on 1 disc. What is the best (free) way to do this? I have used HDTV2DVD for this, but couldn't do multiples.
    Joe
  • DaveW
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • So Cal.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but DVDFlick sounds promising...

Link at LifeHacker

Comment

• maxparot
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
      • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

I've been using Nero for DVD creation. The Nerovision program in their creation suite is a great editor. It allows me to edit out commercials and yes multiple episodes on a disk can easily be done. I made a single disk with NYW router 101 episode 1 & 2.
      Opinions are like gas;
      I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• scott213
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2006

I use ulead videostudio 7 it came with my tv card. I works real well. I have used nero but it is slower and sometimes the sound gets behind. I usally record nyw on the computer and put it on a cd or dvd. My recorder is set up to record in lp which = 30 minutes = 278 mb. I then can get at least 8 on a dvd or 2 on a cd.

Comment

• chalkhappens
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2007
          • Salt Lake City, Utah
          • Crafstman 21289 (soon)

What software are you using to create your DVD's right now?
          -Cory
          Will work for tools.

Comment

• vaking
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2005
            • Montclair, NJ, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100-1

I am using Roxio Easy Media Creator. One thing to remember - A DVD (or DIVX) is not a collection of files. You cannot just take 2 or 3 files and put them on one desk. You can take several episodes and merge them into a single DVD-ready file and then burn to disk. Roxio is fairly easy to use, it even includes options like automatic fit of your output to disk.
            Alex V

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by vaking
              You cannot just take 2 or 3 files and put them on one desk. .
              Actually with DivX you can assuming your standalone can play DivX (mine can). I downloaded the entire first season of Lost which consisted of several individual DivX files. But I don't really recommend doing it that way. DivX is not a standard format for viewing on standalones yet. If the author of the file didn't create it in such a way to be compatible with your specific player you have to do a bunch of things to make it compatible. The one big advantage about DivX is that it's small and you can cram tons of files in 1 disc as compared to a DVD. Like mpeg vs WAV files. But you can always play it on your PC regardless of how the author created the file. But who wants to watch TV/Movies on a computer.

" I was finally able to transfer some videos from my DVR to my PC."
              What is the file format when it comes out of the DVR? Mpeg?
              I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• scorrpio
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Nero comes bundled with many DVD burners, and it's a nice package. I generally use Premiere to edit, add transitions, music, titles, voiceover, etc etc etc, but then I just export it as raw .avi.

Once done, I load up Nero, import the avi files, and create a menu, with chapters and such. Very nice results. Home videos, some stuff we have on VHS but could not find on DVD - did em all. Nero is real nice.

I also got Roxio, but I like Nero better.

Comment

Working...