• Show
Clear All
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Family

LOML and I went to the doctor last weekend and she had an ultrasound and we are having our first baby. I heard the heartbeat and saw the image and I was so overwhelmed with joy and happiness. Don't know if it is going to be a baby girl or a boy because we can't really tell yet as she is only 13 weeks pregnant. Doctor gave us a date of sometime in August. I am going to be busy these next few months trying to convert one of the rooms to a nursery room. I am also planning to create the crib myself and this will be the first real woodworking project for me. Anybody got any existing plans from the crib that they recently built for their little ones that they are no longer using? feel free to send it my way Thank you guys I am so excited and cannot wait to get started on the nursery room project.
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

CONGRATULATIONS......your life is about to change!
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• ChrisD
      • Dec 2004
      • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

Congratulations, Chris!
      The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

Grant said it all...."You're life is about to change". But I can just about guarantee it will be a change for the better. Congrats!

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
          Bandsaw Box Momma
          • Apr 2005
          • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Congrats on the upcoming arrival. Mark and I were shocked but felt the same way when our third (a big surpirse) was on the way.

I know that we found some crib plans in a Rockler catalog or some catalog like that that were very nice but as money was tight Mark decided to build a high chair instead of a crib, plus my mother had somebody at work give her a crib for us that is nice, and FREE is always good.

Also I don't know where to find it but Ryan F. I believe built a crib that is AWESOME. I know it was there before the change over of the forum but not sure if its still there. It was a very beautiful crib. Maybe one of the other members that know how to do that kind of thing can dig up the old link or something.
          Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Chris,

Congratulations! I have this plan: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...s&cookietest=1

and built my daughter's crib with it. If you are serious about making a crib, PM me. I will see if I can find the plans.
            David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

ShadowFox,

That is great news. Congratulations to you both!

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Black wallnut
                cycling to health
                • Jan 2003
                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                • BT3k 1999

Congrats! I found RyanF's old topic on his crib but the pics were gone. You might try emailing him through the forum but I'm not even sure if that works anymore. I have not seen him post in a long time. Rockler's did have plans for a crib that converts into a toddler bed and might be worth a look.
                You could just design your own and add a hardware kit. Ends could be split solid panels with rail and stile joinery and the side rails could be rail and spindle spaced no farther than 2.5".Buy a Crib matress and just use plywood to support it....
                Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• TB Roye
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                  • BT3100

Congratulations. Real Happy for you and your LOML. Enjoy the baby, they grow up to fast. Now get out in the shop and get to work, the next 7 months will go fast for you but not your wife.

Tom

Comment

• Tom Miller
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2003
                    • Twin Cities, MN
                    • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Congrats! Start sleeping every chance you get from now 'til then....

No, wait! Go out to dinner and the movies every chance you get!

Originally posted by Black wallnut
                    ...plans for a crib that converts into a toddler bed ...might be worth a look....
                    Yeah, 'cuz if you're anything like me, a crib will be ready about the time s/he can climb out of it.

Regards,
                    Tom

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                      • BT3100

congradulations! better get all the sleep before its too late .

Comment

• gsmittle
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2004
                        • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                        • BT 3100

Congrats, Chris! LOML and I wonder what we used to do for entertainment before we had kids! **Now cut that out, guys--y'all have dirty minds!**

What to expect: During the first trimester LOYL will sleep a lot. Try to get as much reading and shop time as you can. Second trimester be sure to have whatever she craves in the house at all times. Third trimester NOBODY sleeps.
                        After the baby comes, kiss sleeping/shop time/spare time/spare cash goodbye. YMMV.

Seriously, good on ya! If you'd like to see what happens in a few years, I have a couple of teenage boys you can borrow for free. All you have to do is feed them...

g.
                        Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                        Bill & Ted

Comment

• thrytis
                          • May 2004
                          • Concord, NC, USA.
                          • Delta Unisaw

Congratulations!

Get started today on the crib, and plan on finishing several months early. I started a changing table a few months months before my daughter was due. I spent a while carefully planning design, cutting diagrams, etc. taking my time. I had just started to make some pretty good progress when she showed up early! Those several hours of woodworking after work every day turned into several hours of taking care of my daughter. I'm doubtful it'll be done before she is potty trained.
                          Eric

Comment

• RodKirby
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
                            • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Way to go Chris
                            Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• mater
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • SC, USA.

Ah, the joy you will feel the first time you hold the baby. Congratulations.
                              Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

Working...