• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

bluetooth dongle/usb

does anybody have one of these? can you successfuly upload music from your pc to cell phone? i picked one up for 5 bucks, which is 25 cheaper than verizon's music kit, which comes with a usb cable.

i wasn't going to bother with music on my phone, but i was able to get a 2gb card for free, which makes it 4x's larger than my mp3 player.

what software do you use, and how do you transfer music files?
    Pete
  • Holbren
    • Oct 2004
    • Heathrow, FL.

Your cell phone should have come with some sync software. In the setup you should be able to select to connect via bluetooth and the phone app should give you access to all the folders. If the phone plays music there should be a folder called "Music", usually is.

There is a chance your computer will see the phone as another drive like it would a memory stick but I doubt it.

I'm certainly not a USB pro that info should get you started. Oh yeah, make sure you activate bluetooth on the phone and will probably need to pair the phone with the computer. Pairing with the computer may be the hardest part to figure out, I have no idea on that end.
    Brian
    Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    www.holbren.com

Comment

• gerti
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
      • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Bluetooth is slower than USB, and may not be suitable for sizable MP3 files. So music upload via BT may just not be supported. Maybe the phone will find MP3s you put on the memory card using some card reader/writer?

Comment

• scorrpio
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Most providers disable file transfer via bluetooth on their phones - it seems like a constant complaint, though I can't recall what reason is given. As to transferring files to a phone - yeah, I pop my card into a reader on my PC and load the files.

Comment

• greencat
          Established Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Grand Haven Mi

This depends on the carrier and the phone. This is a great site about phones and how to modify them.

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51. For specifics look at the forum for your phone.

For example this message is about the V3M Motorola. For the V3M you can use a mini USB cable instead of buying the Kit. You can't use bluetooth to transfer music. The easiest way to transfer on the V3M is to use a memory card.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...music+transfer
          Thanks again,
          Mike

Comment

• Cheeky
            • Nov 2006
            • westchester cty, new york
            • Ridgid TS2400LS

thanks guys! this is a task, i must admit.

i got such a good deal on this thing, $10 after rebate, but i think it's time to return it and just buy the usb. unfortnately my phone has a wacky usb, and i can't use 1 of the 2 that i have.

greencat,

thanks for the website....i was looking for one
            Pete

Comment

Working...