• Show
Clear All
  • Slik Geek
    • Dec 2006
    • Lake County, Illinois
    • Ryobi BT-3000

BT3Central Widow

Hey guys,

My wife is complaining that she has become a BT3Central widow. That's a good thing, right? Or should I be concerned?
  • SARGE..g-47

Morning Slik...

I don't normally give marital advice, but I would not be concerned if she's just kiddin' ya. And if she isn't kiddin', I would be concerned and open up a line of communication other than with the guys and gals on this forum. The forum isn't going to be missing in action if you spend time with family. Family is your sworn duty.. a forum is just a place to hang out after you you have preformed that duty..

Regards...

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Morning Slik...

I don't normally give marital advice, but I would not be concerned if she's just kiddin' ya. And if she isn't kiddin', I would be concerned and open up a line of communication other than with the guys and gals on this forum. The forum isn't going to be missing in action if you spend time with family. Family is your sworn duty.. a forum is just a place to hang out, exchange ideas and have a little fun after you you have preformed that duty..

Regards...
      Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2007, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
        Bandsaw Box Momma
        • Apr 2005
        • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Tell her what Blackwallnut told me when I said something about him spending all of his time on the forum, "Why don't you just join and see why I like it so much."

And so I finally did and realize why he does browse the forum and chat, because this is one big happy family.
        Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

My wife sits playing computer games while I do forum. She could never understand what I ever saw in it. When she ran into problems with one of our aquariums, I recommended her to go to an aquarium forum for some help. It wasn't 30 minutes and got relief. After that, she finds a forum for almost all her "real" problems, like cooking and sewing.

A THING OF BEAUTY IS A JOY FOREVER - John Keats

Comment

• MilDoc

Originally posted by cabinetman
            After that, she finds a forum for almost all her "real" problems, like cooking and sewing.

A THING OF BEAUTY IS A JOY FOREVER - John Keats
            Uh oh, if LOML heard me say somehing like that, she'd be a happy widow!

Comment

• Slik Geek
              • Dec 2006
              • Lake County, Illinois
              • Ryobi BT-3000

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
              Tell her what Blackwallnut told me when I said something about him spending all of his time on the forum, "Why don't you just join and see why I like it so much."

And so I finally did and realize why he does browse the forum and chat, because this is one big happy family.
              Yeah, she made the "widow" statement in jest, but there was an element of truth to it. She has been participating vicariously - I've been sharing many of the stories. (And thanks for the good advice, Sarge).

I'll second Mrs. Wallnut - this is one big happy family. A great bunch of folks with good advice and an incredible sense of humor. I've been haunting this site for over three years, and finally decided to join over Christmas break so that I could participate. I've been sharing the funny stuff with the whole family. (And the pain - give my regards to Mr. Wallnut on his recovery).

She is however threatening to dismember me if I take you guys with on our wedding anniversary celebration. I'd tell you where we are going, but I've been spending so much time on this website I haven't figured out what we are going to do!

She is taking this all in good humor, for now, anyway!

BTW - she does a bit of woodworking herself, but she's not much into computers. She will probably continue to participate at my side. I'll try to post a photo of a project we worked on together a while back. Good to work on a project with LOML.

Comment

• jackellis
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2003
                • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

My wife and I share an office. While I'm browsing this forum and another one on aviation, she's buying dolls and doll furniture on eBay and reading the ice skating forums. Her only complains so far is how much time I've been spending on shop-related stuff instead of building stuff for her.

Forums aside, we treat the Internet like a combination social network and reference library. I honestly don't know how we survived without it.

Comment

• Ed62
                  The Full Monte
                  • Oct 2006
                  • NW Indiana
                  • BT3K

Originally posted by jackellis
                  Her only complains so far is how much time I've been spending on shop-related stuff instead of building stuff for her.
                  I can relate to that.

Ed
                  Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Black wallnut
                    cycling to health
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                    • BT3k 1999

When I was a young single man in my 20ies and carefree (read insanely stupid!) I was a barfly, think Cheers. Once I got older, matured, forced into a life of responsibility by marrage, with children, twins in the first year...... Hmmm where was I? I discovered WW buliten boards, first Ryobi which led to this great site in many ways which there is no need to elaberate about. I've found this Forum to be a whole bunch safer, cheaper, and more sincere than any of my old drinking buds and heart-throbing teasing barmaids. Just tell her, if she is a God fearing woman, that this place is almost as wholesome as a church social! Then go pour a cold one and post some more!

Then tell her your brothers send their love!
                    Last edited by Black wallnut; 01-07-2007, 02:14 PM.
                    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• lrr
                      Established Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • Fort Collins, Colorado
                      • Ryobi BT-3100

Just tell her you are looking for ideas for a woodworking project to make her...

And follow thru occasionally.

Lee

Comment

• Pappy
                        The Full Monte
                        • Dec 2002
                        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by Slik Geek
                        Hey guys,

My wife is complaining that she has become a BT3Central widow. That's a good thing, right? Or should I be concerned?
                        Only get concerned if she tells you she had to cut your tool budget to pay the extra insurance premium!
                        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                        Fools because they have to say something.
                        Plato

Comment

• rbfunk
                          Established Member
                          • Dec 2003
                          • Garfield, NJ, USA.

I spend some time here and on some forums for my professional life. This is the only one where I really read the general discussion (Coffee Break) area regularly. Because this is the only civil one and self policing at that.
                          Like Balckwalnut pointed out, this is a social place like a bar. Without the problems of drinking, flirting and fighting.
                          Maybe she would like to join you here and in the shop.
                          Bob
                          Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we are all hopped up on caffine.

Comment

• Slik Geek
                            • Dec 2006
                            • Lake County, Illinois
                            • Ryobi BT-3000

Originally posted by rbfunk
                            I spend some time here and on some forums for my professional life. This is the only one where I really read the general discussion (Coffee Break) area regularly. Because this is the only civil one and self policing at that.
                            An amazing collection of civility in a not-so-civil world.

Originally posted by rbfunk
                            Like Balckwalnut pointed out, this is a social place like a bar. Without the problems of drinking, flirting and fighting.
                            Maybe she would like to join you here and in the shop.
                            Bob
                            She actually helps out in the shop on occasion, but not often enough. She has been looking over my shoulder on this forum extensively, that's how she knows the amount of time that I have been spending here. She actually was there when I wrote started this "widow" thread, in response to her comment.

Originally posted by lrr
                            Just tell her you are looking for ideas for a woodworking project to make her...

And follow thru occasionally.
                            Excellent idea. Now if I can just figure out a way that she won't see your post!

Originally posted by Pappy
                            Only get concerned if she tells you she had to cut your tool budget to pay the extra insurance premium!
                            LOL

Comment

Working...