• Show
Clear All
  • rbfunk
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Garfield, NJ, USA.

I'm back - kind of

Folks,
    I have been away for a bit but things have finally reached the point where I can start thinking about woodworking again.
    If anyone tells you that starting a new business is hard, they are lying. It's an all consuming, life blood sucking, beat you right down to the ground endevor.
    I may be here sporadicly but it's good to be home.
    Bob
    Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we are all hopped up on caffine.
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

Welcome back!

What sort of business are you starting?

The all-consuming part is why I'm still working for The Man!

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Welcome back Bob. LOML is already thinking of businesses that she and I can do when I retire in 5 or 6 years. I keep telling her all the aches and pains that I see others go through in starting a business, and I don't want any part of it!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• rbfunk
        Established Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Garfield, NJ, USA.

My wife and I started our own coffee shop & coffee roasting facility. So I guess you might say I am working for the Woman.
        I thought we looked at everything that we would have to deal with before we got started and we handled everything we thought of but things that we never even thought of kept us up some nights thinking "How are we going to get ou of this one".
        We originally planed to open this shop as our retirement job but we both got laid-off so we started early. Plunged all or pension and 401K money into it and now that we are going into our third year we should be able to start paying ourselves back.
        Take a peak at www.moondoggiecoffee.com on the About Our Coffee page, third picture down is my plaything. Thats a 10 Kilogram, 54,000 BTU, gas fired yank you out of bed and slap you silly coffee roaster.
        Bob
        Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we are all hopped up on caffine.

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • IL, USA.
          • DELTA 36-675

Welcome back, Bob! Pretty nice set up you got there. I love coffee, I might just have to check out some of that SUMATRA (MANDHELING)
          Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

Working...