A Serious Saw:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    A Serious Saw:

    This is for sale in my area - 16" tablesaw.
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/243557243.html

    Looks something like this:

    http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=2329
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • kyle.w
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 425
    • paw paw, mi, USA.
    • GI 50-185M

    #2
    i wouldnt want to have kick back on that saw.lol

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      I used to have a couple of "monsters". There's a few used equipment sales companies in the area that pick up equipment from companies that go under, submit for auction, or just sell off. I got a great deal some years ago on a 42" Beach drum sander and a 14" Atlas RAS. If you have the room, the need, and the power, 220 for sure and 3 phase on some, some great deals can be found. The sander was huge, but once set up properly, it could whisk a whisker off in a flash. Belts were expensive, I think they were like $50 each. The RAS was a sight to be seen. Huge thick arm, large motor I think it was either 5hp or 7hp. It would take a few seconds to finally get wound up. Not much slowed it down. These big heavy machines are definitely different that the standard 10" saws. The problems with big old machines is having the space, finding parts if needed, and moving them around.



      "I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

      Comment

      • Wood_workur
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • 1914
        • Ohio
        • Ryobi bt3100-1

        #4
        Originally posted by kyle.w
        i wouldnt want to have kick back on that saw.lol

        espically sine the saw blade is so big, it is pushing the wood at you more, rather than down when making a similar cut on a 10" saw.
        Alex

        Comment

        Working...