• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

"Dogfights"

Anyone watching Dogfights on The History Channel? I've watched one entire episode, I think, and pieces of a couple others. It hasn't made it into my regular rotation yet, but it might. The CG animation is pretty well done and in many cases the pilots involved are telling their own stories. If the subject matter appeals to you, it's well worth a look.
    Larry
  • lrogers
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Mobile, AL. USA.
    • BT3000

I agree, very worth watching. I really enjoyed the F-86 vs Mig 15 show.
    Larry R. Rogers
    The Samurai Wood Butcher
    http://splash54.multiply.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • League City, Tx, USA.
      • BT3100

I've like the show. I would watch it regularly but my wife is bored by it, which means I usualy have to stay up late to watch.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Since I work till 1 PM till 8 PM, I stay up till around 1 AM. The family can watch what they want till 11:30 PM, but then the HIstory Channel, the International History Channel and Discovery Channel get the call. About the only TV I watch period.

The Dogfights is well done and keeps your attention!

Regards...

Comment

• Popeye
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Woodbine, Ga
          • Grizzly 1023SL

I'm hoping it rotates around because I've now got it programed to record and I'd like to be able to capture the first shows. I could do without about 90% of the channels I get but I'd sooner not have a tv at all without the History Channels. Pat
          Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Tom Slick
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
            • sears BT3 clone

It is currently a favorite show, it is very well done. Mig Alley (F-86 v. Mig 15) is also my favorite episode. The flying tigers episode is really interesting.
            Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Tom Miller
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2003
              • Twin Cities, MN
              • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Oooh, I've got a couple boys that are gonna go nuts when they see this! (Me? I'll be cool as a cucumber. )

Just went to tivo.com and scheduled it to record. (not-so-stealth gloat )

Thanks for the heads-up, Larry!

Regards,
              Tom

Comment

• Hoover
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2003
                • USA.

The Flying Tigers episode was very interesting. I like the History channel and the Military channel. When I click them on, my wife moans and then goes into another room to watch HSN or QVC.
                No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• Pappy
                  The Full Monte
                  • Dec 2002
                  • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 (x2)

Have to watch it tonight. F-4 Phantoms vs Mig-21's over Vietnam.

Reminds me of training that was done off the coast of South Carolina and Georgia in the late 80's before I retired. Air Force pilots were flying F-15's and 16's against the Marines in F-4's. The Phantoms, proof positive that a rock will fly if you can throw it hard enough, were clearly outgunned in terms of technology and manuverability. The only positives they had were pure power and the fact that the Marine pilots were soon to lose their flying hot rods and transition to the F-18 Hornet. (So what if we pull a few G's too many and stress the frame a bit?) Marines were coming back with an 8/1 kill ratio. Everytime the AF would get a target lock, they would see afterburners and the Phantom go into a 95 degree climb.
                  Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                  Fools because they have to say something.
                  Plato

Comment

Working...