• Show
Clear All
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

Wierd Weather

We don't get much snow here in Seattle. It started at about 6 AM and 3 1/2 hours later is still dumping. In 20 years I don't remember ever having snow in November. Nothing to do today so I'll just kick back and watch it come down.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • kwgeorge
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Alvin, TX, USA.

That’s crazy Dick! I was out there a couple of weeks ago and they were having record rain fall with flooding in some areas. Now snow! Guess I will have to bug the guys out there tomorrow about all this. Man, I can’t even imagine the traffic now. It was terrible with the rain when I was out there and people were experiencing 3 or more hour delays in traffic so I bet it’s at a standstill now!

Ken

Comment

• rickd
      Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Cowichan Bay, 30 mi. north of Victoria, B.C., Canada.
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Whaler
      We don't get much snow here in Seattle. It started at about 6 AM and 3 1/2 hours later is still dumping. In 20 years I don't remember ever having snow in November. Nothing to do today so I'll just kick back and watch it come down.
      Hey Dick, it's the same here in Victoria! It started snowing yesterday afternoon and it's still falling lightly. It's not too bad though as it's not snowing heavily enough to stay on the roads. We only get snow maybe once or twice over an average winter, so this is way too early for this kind of stuff!! I hope it's not a sign of things to come this year.

Give me the rain any day!

Rick
      rick doyle

Rick's Woodworking Website

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

It wouldn't surprise me to have snow this time of year, but for the last 3 days or so, it's been 60 degrees or over. I'll take it!

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Whaler
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Sequim, WA, USA.
          • DW746

This November has been the wetest in history, over 12" of rain. I don't think todays snow caused any traffic problems, the gorund isn't cold enough for it to stick on the roads. We have traffic problems when the sun is shining.
          Dick

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • IL, USA.
            • DELTA 36-675

Looked at the thermometer outside and it is currently 60 degrees.. Love it and want more.
            Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
              Bandsaw Box Momma
              • Apr 2005
              • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Well Dick over here we woke up to about 2 inches on the ground and it was still snowing. Decided it was time to put up the Christmas lights up and then come back inside and get warm and get some lunch, and in that time it stopped snowing for a while and went outside just a few minutes ago to check the lights and make sure that I didn't have anymore that weren't workin and its snowing again.

I don't mind the snow I actually like it. I know I am weird. But I do remember one year as a child of about 12 or so going trick or treating in the snow, and my mom and her friend going with us and when we got to a house that was having a party they would "trick or treat" and their cups were never empty.
              Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• JR
                The Full Monte
                • Feb 2004
                • Eugene, OR
                • BT3000

This November has been the wetest in history, over 12" of rain.
                That's an average YEAR where I live. Really.

LOML wants to look at houses in the Seattle area. We're going to go there in February when the rain should have started in earnest.

JR
                JR

Comment

• Stick
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Grand Rapids, MB, Canada.
                  • BT3100

In 20 years I don't remember ever having snow in November.
                  Hmmmmm, in let's see, 36 years since I came back to Canada from Germany, I've never NOT had snow by Hallowe'en night. Never seen grass before the end of March either, other than one year I wintered in Texas.

Comment

• crokett
                    The Full Monte
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Mebane, NC, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Stick
                    Hmmmmm, in let's see, 36 years since I came back to Canada from Germany, I've never NOT had snow by Hallowe'en night.
                    Yeah man but that's cuz you are Santa's neighbor.

Reminds me of a riddle... A man leaves his house, walks due south for 1 mile, then turns and walks west for one mile, then turns and walks due north for one mile and ends up back at his front door. On his walk he sees a bear. What color is the bear?
                    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Pappy
                      The Full Monte
                      • Dec 2002
                      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 (x2)

I was working in the Playpen all day today in a short sleeve shirt. My kind of winter weather!
                      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                      Fools because they have to say something.
                      Plato

Comment

• Ed62
                        The Full Monte
                        • Oct 2006
                        • NW Indiana
                        • BT3K

Originally posted by crokett
                        What color is the bear?
                        I haven't heard that one before. The answer is easy enough, but I won't ruin it for the others. If I can figure that one out, you'd think I could figure out woodworking. But that's a horse of a different color.

Ed
                        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • On the TARDIS
                          • BT 3100

It's like the guy who's house has an all southern exposure. He see's a bear walk by the window....what colour is it? Don't want to spoil it either.
                          From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Daibach
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Feb 2006
                            • Squamish, B.C., Canada
                            • Ryobi BT3100

Weird Weather

Here in Saanichton, just north of Victoria, B.C., heavy wet snow has been coming down all day. It will freeze tonight and tomorrow the road's going to be a skating rink! Hope your beautiful new truck is a 4x4 Rick!
                            We lost power for about 4 hours, just as I was trimming up the parts cut out for a rocking horse for my Grandaughter for Christmas. Did some with a rasp but that got stale pretty quick. (yes, I'm spoiled, and that's the way it's supposed to be! )
                            "Mother Nature is like Revenue Canada; makes her own rules and don't tell you all of them!" The Squire-Wingfield's Follies

Comment

• Whaler
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Sequim, WA, USA.
                              • DW746

It's still snowing like H here, looks like I will pass on going to work tomorrow.
                              Dick

Comment

Working...