• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

The Wood Whisperer

I don't know if this has been posted but, this guy is a woodworker and has put together several very cool videos on woodworking - check it out:
    http://marcswoodcreations.com/thewoodwhisperer/

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

I briefly checked it out earlier today. It looks pretty informative. Thanks for posting the link.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

Cabman

Don't know if you saw the clip referred to in this thread but it's hysterical.

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=25022

Enjoy,
      Greg

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by Stormbringer
        Cabman

Don't know if you saw the clip referred to in this thread but it's hysterical.

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=25022

Enjoy,
        Greg
        I didn't see it until you pointed it out. I watched that one and it was funny. If I had seen it prior, I wouldn't have posted the site. But heck, only 3 people replied to that one and they had to pass by all the instructional ones. So, whats up with all the newcomers to woodworking. They ask all these questions and when a post comes up as a "how to", they don't reply one way or another. So how are we to determine what will be informative for viewing. If I see or read something that is informative, I'll comment on it, you can bet on that.

Comment

• TheRic
          • Jun 2004
          • West Central Ohio
          • bt3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
          I didn't see it until you pointed it out. I watched that one and it was funny. If I had seen it prior, I wouldn't have posted the site. But heck, only 3 people replied to that one and they had to pass by all the instructional ones. So, whats up with all the newcomers to woodworking. They ask all these questions and when a post comes up as a "how to", they don't reply one way or another. So how are we to determine what will be informative for viewing. If I see or read something that is informative, I'll comment on it, you can bet on that.

You missed the other post, how many other people missed the other post?? Why did you miss the other post, probably the same reason the other people missed it?!
          I have a feeling that most people only look at what shows up when they first look at what's new. If it goes off the screen, it is gone for most people. If there is a lot of threads being talked about, the older ones (even the ones updated the same day) are out of site, therefore out of mind.
          Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• BigguyZ
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2006
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I actually saw both posts. I watched all of the videos yesterday, as soon as I was able. I thought they were pretty good, and I enjoy the humorous aspect of that he's trying to do. I also like that he's upfront on the fact that a lot of things he has in his shop are overkill.

Comment

• TheRic
              • Jun 2004
              • West Central Ohio
              • bt3100

Originally posted by BigguyZ
              I actually saw both posts. I watched all of the videos yesterday, as soon as I was able. I thought they were pretty good, and I enjoy the humorous aspect of that he's trying to do. I also like that he's upfront on the fact that a lot of things he has in his shop are overkill.
              I haven't had a chance to see all of them yet. But he does have a lot of high-end stuff. Not to mention the room in the place. I never saw the ceiling, it has to be well over 10'. I wonder how big his "garage" is?!!
              Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Stormbringer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Floral Park, NY
                • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by TheRic
                I never saw the ceiling, it has to be well over 10'. I wonder how big his "garage" is?!!
                Have you ever been in a Costco? Well not exactly but seems like it goes on forever with all his "stations".

Greg

Comment

Working...