• Show
Clear All
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Aircraft crashes into N.Y. building

Anybody at home to see this in the news? I hope this is not another terrorist attack. At work today and really heard no other details.
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
  • nadz
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2005
    • Rocket City, AL, USA.

from CNN.com

A small aircraft has crashed into a high-rise residential building at 72nd Street and York in Manhattan, police said. Police are en route to the site, said to be at 525 E. 72nd Street. Flames and smoke could be seen pouring from the high rise apartment as fire engines raced to the scene.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Proudly piddling in my garage shop | BT3K, Rigid 10" CMS, Rigid 12" Planer, HF Jointer

Comment

• Ken Massingale
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Liberty, SC, USA.
      • Ridgid TS3650

Apparently an accident but NORAD is putting fighters over major US cities as a precaution.

Comment

• AAJIII
        Established Member
        • Jan 2003
        • WANAQUE, NJ, USA.
        • Steel City 10" table saw

It was a small plane owned and being flown by a Ney York Yankees pitcher.
        No names yet, but there were four on board and all were killed.

al
        AL JEWELL

Comment

• JSCOOK
          • Sep 2006
          • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
          • Ryobi BT3100-1

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...400336,00.html
          "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• scorrpio
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • Wayne, NJ, USA.

I only need to turn my head to see that building from our office windows, but being south of the accident (59th Street) and the accident being on north side, we were not able to see the actual fires, just the smoke. Yeah, first though was 'terrorism', but in about 5 minutes, news was out it was a small aircraft hitting an apt. building, and we all went 'Nah, terrorists would use something larger, and hit something more significant. Gotta be an accident.'

Comment

• bfrikken
              • Apr 2005
              • Michigan, USA.
              • BT-3100

Small plane flown by Corey Lidle of the Yankees. As far as I know, 2 dead. I'm sure people have seen stories by now. Very sad indeed.

Comment

Working...