• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Catching up, Been out a while.

I have been offline for the longest time since 1997 when I first got Cable modem.

Linda and I have been in Singapore for 4 weeks of work that went on 6 days a week. We got home this morning flying through the night for a one hour time change difference and we feel the same jet lag as if we had changed 10 time zones.

Been missing you guys and Ladies. I sure am ready to get back to reading the posts here. If I missed anything, I will try and find it in the next two or three days.

While Singapore is well wired with WIFI, we were so busy that we basically got online 30 minutes a day for email only. I didn't have time to look for exotic woods while there. The only places that we managed to visit were Sentosa Island on one day, the southern most point of Asia, and the Sim Lim Electronics building, which I did several times for and during lunch.

Tokyo's Akihabara does have quite a bit more but I was surprised that the Japanese prices are on par with what was available there. They did have some cheaper things there along with cheaper quality but for the same items, I can get the same here. I was tempted to get an iPod there but no place offered them for the same price that I could get here or in the States. The Sim Lim stores were all at least $10.00 higher considering the exchange rate and airport tax rebates.

Good to get back to normalcy again.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Welcome back, Hank. Try to get some rest.
    k

Comment

• lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

Yes welcome back. I imagine it's bed time for you now and sounds like you need it. No matter where I go it's always so nice to get back home ain't it? Well again welcome home.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• Ken Weaver
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Clemson, SC, USA
        • Rigid TS3650

Good to hear from you Hank - sounds like the trip was a blast. Glad you're home safe and sound.
        Ken Weaver
        Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

• ChrisD
          • Dec 2004
          • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

Welcome back, Hank.

I have heard that Singapore is a very nice place. Nice folks too. When I was in the Philippines, I used to work with software engineers from the now-defunct Singapore Network Services. They always tried to create a boondoggle so I could come to Singapore for a change.

Now I am working with an IT project team that will be involved in implementing a manufacturing system in the biggest baby-formula plant in the world - right in Singapore. Maybe this will be my ticket?

Anyway, welcome back and your posts were truly missed!
          The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• pierhogunn
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2003
            • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

welcome back
            It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
              Bandsaw Box Momma
              • Apr 2005
              • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Welcome Back
              Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Stytooner
                Roll Tide RIP Lee
                • Dec 2002
                • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                • BT3100

Good to hear from you, Hank. We just barely hung on without you. Things were getting so bad that even Sam had to make some posts. You can rest up some though.
                Lee

Comment

Working...