• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Cleaned out the Closet today, kinda long

I guess I will stay retired. MY LOML has been after me to make more room on my side of our closet (she has here stuff in two others also) Any way kind of bored today so The Goodwill made a haul. Got rid of suits, sport jackets, slacks, dress shirts, ties, shoes and a bunch of other clothes I don't wear for what ever reason even some Flannel shirs, & levies. I did keep one dark suit, one sport jacket and 2 pair of slacks, a pair of black and a pair of brown dress shoes kept enough dress shirts, ties and sox to have a about 6 outfits. For church, weddings, funerals and occasional dress up dinner out. Need to buy some sport shirts that are alittle more upto date but with my dockers and jeans and shirts to go with them I am fine. What else to you need but some Nham shirts, some sweat shirts & pants and some freebe baseball hats some summer shorts and Tshirts.
    Up on the top shelf I found a 2 boxes of my files from work, kept on copy of my resume and shredded every thing else. Even found some 5 1/4" ( or was it 5 1/2") Floppies with some basic files on them and a boot disk for DOS 2.11
    So now according to my retired friends I am officially retired. I have been retire for a little over 3 years but it was alittle emotional going through some of the files and realizing that part of my life is over. But don't miss it anymore.

I probably could have got rid of more clothes but didn't want LOML aquiring any of my closet space. Her rule is if there is empty space in the closet go shopping and fill it.
    Tom
  • havighurst
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • Metamora, MI, USA.

Congratulations on becoming "officially" retired. Letting go is hard sometimes, but looking towards the future can be exciting. However, you could always go buy a new tool to help get you through this difficult time
    \"Experience is the toughest teacher. You get the test first and the lesson later.\"

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

The first tool I bought after I retired was the BT3100 and then I found this site. I have been buying tools for 3 years. Now the BT3 is in the Garage with the Miter saw as I ran out of room in the smalll work shop I built not knowing what I was going to get into. Thanks guys I couldn't have done it with out you. My emotional state lasted until my granddaughter came in and asked go park Papa? which we did.

Tom

Comment

• jseklund
        Established Member
        • Aug 2006

You're not retired! You left a job and you don't HAVE to work anymore. You can always go do something else if you CHOOSE to, right? Retired- such a strange word. I think I retire every night at the end of the day. I just consider it a rest. haha.

On a more serious note- congratulations on making it to where you are today. Now you can spend more time on the important things in life.
        F#$@ no good piece of S#$% piece of #$@#% #@$#% #$@#$ wood! Dang. - Me woodworking

Comment

Working...