• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Popeye
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Woodbine, Ga
    • Grizzly 1023SL

GREAT JOB MAN. After 35 years I'm three years smoke free. Keep up the good work. And don't become a anti-smoking Nazi Pat
    Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
      Veteran Member
      • May 2003
      • Nanuet, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

All you guys who have joined the "Clean Lung Club", should be really proud of yourselves.

I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day for 25 years and have been smoke free now for 15 years. I still get the urge once in a while, but as they said in the program I attended, count to 60 and whether you have on or not, the urge goes away.

Also, I learned that really heavy smokers, like us are using cigarettes as medicine. Nicotine is the fastest acting anti-depressant know to science and what we all were (are) doing was using cigarettes to get "well".

And remember, we're all like ex-junkies, we can newver have another butt again, EVER.

Oh, and Pat's right, anti-smoking evangelist's are never letting themselves get away from the habit. And yelling at people usually just gets you punched out.

Also, it was the hardest thing I ever did in my llife, but its worth it.

Bruce
      "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
      Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• meika123
        • Dec 2002
        • Advance, NC, USA.
        • BT3000

July 16th, 2001. My last cigarette. After smoking most of my adult life.
        Not being able to taste or smell since has been rough, but it is still worth the effort. At least my Grandchildren won't see me with a cigarette
        in my mouth. That makes it doubly worthwhile.

Dave in NC
        Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Comment

• mater
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • SC, USA.

Congratulations Doug. I quit in Feb 1991.
          Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • IL, USA.
            • DELTA 36-675

Congratulations Doug,

Unfortunately for me I am still struggling with this bad habit...

I've tried pretty much everything except the laser treatment, I am very anxious to try this laser treatment because one of the guys at work had it done and have not had a cigarette for a month, I am waiting til' he makes it to his third month without smoking.
            Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• TB Roye
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

As a smoker for over 40 years it took the pending birth of our first grandchild to give us the motivation to quit. That was 5 1/2 years ago. Best decesion I ever made. The day I quit any damage that was done stoped getting worse. I am 64 and have mild COPD but it has not gotten worse and the DR said I have improved and there is some healing. Keep it up it does get easier and you will continue to feel better. You have made the right decision and you should be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.

Tom

Comment

• Doug Jones
                Established Member
                • Oct 2004
                • Indiana
                • Delta 36-444

Thanks all,
                The secret to quitting (for me) is, Prayer and the true desire of wanting to quit. Without either I don't think I would of made it this long.

Comment

Working...