Anybody going to the Chicago-area WoodWorking Show?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ElRay
    Established Member
    • Jan 2003
    • NoIL

Anybody going to the Chicago-area WoodWorking Show?

Anybody planning on attending the WoodWorking Show in Villa Park, IL? I might actually be able to make it this year (For some reason, my Army Reserve Drill Weekend is not the first weekend of the month). I know a BT3k meet-up was done in the past, but I don't know who's still around or new to the group.

Ray
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    --- Robert A. Heinlein
  • ChrisD
    • Dec 2004
    • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

Ray, I'll let you know at least a week before if I can make it. Oct 6-8, right? It would be great to meet local "BT3Centrists"!
    The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• softop41
      Established Member
      • Jul 2004
      • Plainfield, IL, USA.
      • BT3100-1

WW Show - Villa Park

I am planning on going. I often go on Friday and then again on Sunday after I've had some time to 'prepare' LOML for new stuff that I really 'must have'.
      Jerry
      Making High Quality Sawdust in Northeast Plainfield

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
        • Dec 2005
        • Russell, NY, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

No but I and two other woodworking buddies are going to the wood workers weekend fair in Hamburg (which is just south of Buffalo) the weekend of 29-30 Sept. They usually come to Syracuse about this time of the year at the state fairgrounds, but for some reason they skipped last year but are coming this fall. Really looking forward to it. Good chance to pick up some "fair" specials. Two years ago I got my Delta 13" planer at a good price as well as a coupon for a Delta saber saw worth (catalog price) $99 for FREE. Can't beat that deal.
        RuffSawn
        Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

• ElRay
          Established Member
          • Jan 2003
          • NoIL

Reality might be getting in the way of my plans again. If we can get a group to meet (Sunday?), I'll have a bit more incentive/leverage. We're about three weeks away from the baby's due date, and the "must do" list is growing.

Ray
          "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
          --- Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• John Hunter
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Lake Station, IN, USA.
            • BT3000 & BT3100

I will be there on Saturday.
            John Hunter

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
              Veteran Member
              • May 2005
              • IL, USA.
              • DELTA 36-675

Will be there as well!
              Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• ChrisD
                • Dec 2004
                • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

I'll be there Sunday around noon. Holler if you're there! (773) 860-2709.
                The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• ElRay
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2003
                  • NoIL

A HUGE favor ....

I'm not going to be able to make it on Sat, and it will be difficult to justify Sunday too, but if some of the things I need are there at good prices, I can rationalize/justify the trip.

So, if anybody that's going today or tomorrow could post if there are any good buys on Router Fences, Upcut spiral and/or plywood edging router bits (like those new ones from MLSC: http://mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_...banding_anchor) or T-track that takes 1/4" hex bolts (ideally the Advantage track that used to be sold by A&I Supply but now appears to be sold exclusively by Woodline), please post.

Ray
                  Last edited by ElRay; 10-06-2006, 07:45 AM. Reason: Forgot the URL
                  --- Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...