http://www.jgsales.com/popup_image.php/pID/1410
    Anybody else ever built one?
    Jim in Texas and Sicko Ryobi Cult Member ©
  • maxparot
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
    • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

Can't say I've done an AK but It do have 2 antique single shot 22lr that I restored myself.
    The first was a youth rifle pre WWII German 1 of a kind. I refinished the stock and put a gloss poly topcoat on it. The barrel has been reblued and a Weaver peep site added.
    The second rifle is a 1956 Romanian military trainer. It also got a nice cleanup and refinish on the stock w/ poly topcoat. The action was fully stripped and degunked before reassembly The barrels parkerized finish was still in very good condition so the few scratched were touched up with cold blue. Weaver scope mounts installed and a 16x variable balistically compensated 22lr scope mounted. It's now a prairie dogs worst nightmare out to 175 yards.
    Last edited by maxparot; 09-01-2006, 01:03 AM.
    Opinions are like gas;
    I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• Jim Boyd
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Montgomery, Texas, USA.
      • Delta Unisaw

Originally posted by maxparot
      It's now a prairie dogs worst nightmare out to 175 yards.
      These (I have 2) are de-milled Romainian Guard rifles. Before I redo the wood in some walnut I have to manufacture new receivers. When de-milled they are cut in half with a torch making them useless and legal to buy mail order as a "kit". They will have a spot with my WWII era M-1 Garand and K-98 Mauser
      Jim in Texas and Sicko Ryobi Cult Member ©

Comment

Working...