• Show
Clear All
  • AZ Tom
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2005
    • Murrieta, CA, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

HD Gift Card

Back in early June, I purchased a Ridgid Shop Vac, one of the small $70.00 units, which had a promo of a $40.00 gift card. I received that card earlier this month, and used it twice, and it still had a balance of $1.75.

This past weekend, I attempted to use that card again, to close out the remaining balance, and when the cashier scanned the card, it came up as zero balance. I knew that could not be correct, because when you do use up the last funds in a card, they keep the card. The fact this card was still in my wallet, meant it still had something left to spend. I really didn't make a big deal of it, I asked to keep the card, and thought I might check into the descrepancy if I ever had time.

Today, I received a new, unexpected, HD card in the mail. An exact quote from the enclosed letter, "The previous card issued to you was part of a batch that was corrupted and the serial number is no longer valid. To acknowledge the inconvenience we have added $10.00 to the value of this replacement gift card for a total of $50.00"

Now, I can't wait to see if I really have a new $50.00, or if they deducted the first two purchases.......

Tom
Working...