• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Amazing Amazon

Received email that a shipment shipped early. This was placed last month and included (4) 12" Gross clamps. Received 4 emails from Amazon stating they had shipped . . . yep, 4 seperate 2-day UPS packages, each containing (1) $2.96 clamp.
  • Turaj
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    • BT3000 (1998)

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
    . . . yep, 4 seperate 2-day UPS packages, each containing (1) $2.96 clamp.
    there must be a big profit in those clamps that they can waste on shipping
    Turaj (in Toronto)
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• mater
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • SC, USA.

Originally posted by Turaj
      there must be a big profit in those clamps that they can waste on shipping
      There must be. The last time I ordered 18" clamps when UPS got thru unloading boxes it looked like we were moving.
      Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

My last Amazon order was also my first. I ordered three items (drill dr 750, left handed chuck for the garage, and an 8 1/4 Freud blade for an ebay win) and clicked the "ship in ONE shipment button". I received two packages, a week apart. RANT ALERT:
        Morons, what is the use of company policies if they don't use them! I am currently back to 7 days a week, and trying to run home to see if I have a package (HIGH crime rate area, thanks Meth) isn't helping me any.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
          My last Amazon order was also my first. I ordered three items (drill dr 750, left handed chuck for the garage, and an 8 1/4 Freud blade for an ebay win) and clicked the "ship in ONE shipment button". I received two packages, a week apart. RANT ALERT:
          Morons, what is the use of company policies if they don't use them! I am currently back to 7 days a week, and trying to run home to see if I have a package (HIGH crime rate area, thanks Meth) isn't helping me any.
          You should have a tracking number which you can follow and will tell you the day of the delivery.

Checking "ship in One shipment" simply means that it their option to mail certain items if others are on back order or hold the entire order in case of back orders. If you choose the other options and they must ship seperately because of backorder they will charge you for the seperate shipping. Understand, you have 3 different items and one could be coming from Harrisburg PA, one from Lexington KY and one from Sparks NV. That would make a little sense, but mine were identical items from the same warehouse!

Comment

Working...