• Show
Clear All
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Birthday Greetings Or Not????

To me birthdays are important. They are the anniversary of the day we came into this life. So, me being weird me, I like to check the B'days on the forum home page and wish birthday greetings.
    I do check the profiles and if someone has been a member for months or years and haven't posted, I figure thay aren't around anymore.
    Recently I've received a few emails asking why I didn't do greetings for that or this person. And frankly, I've been too busy to check the forum on occassion.
    Soooo, quit doing b'day greetings or do all of them regardless of postings or what?

I'm going out to the pool and ponder this along with other life mysteries, such as if Flys didn't have wings would we call them 'Walks'? Grab the Raid Walk Spray or the Walk swatter?
    ken
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

LOL Ken!

Man, it's the modern world, isn't it? You do a good thing to recognize somebody in some small way and get gigged for failing to have recognized everybody. Sigh.

I'm working on a project today, or I'd contemplate life's mysteries a bit more, too.

Let us know if you can snatch any walks in mid stride!

JR
    JR

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

With over 5000 members, you aren't going to catch them all. Even those that have the info on the profiles should be over 3000. Many of those register and then disappear.

Keep doingf what you are doing.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• gerti
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
        • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

I sure appreciated it when I got nice birthday wishes from the forum, it made my day. I'd say if you enjoy doing it, do it. If it becomes a chore, quite it.

Comment

• rickd
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Cowichan Bay, 30 mi. north of Victoria, B.C., Canada.
          • Ryobi BT3100

hi ken,

i sure appreciated your birthday greetings the other day! i sure wouldn't think of holding you to doing this if you forgot though - good grief!!

i agree with pappy, just keep doing what you want to do and can reasonably do - that's all anyone has a right to expect!
          rick doyle

Rick's Woodworking Website

Comment

• Joe Lyddon
            Established Member
            • Oct 2005
            • Alta Loma, CA, USA.

Hey Ken, don't worry about it!!

Who said you were perfect?! Aint you... only been one... & I know who He is...

I think you're doing good... You're trying to make people happy... What's wrong with that?!

Keep on a truckin... don't let it get to you... I'm not...

OK?!

Thank you doing what you're doing!
            Have Fun!
            Joe Lyddon

Back to:
            http://Woodworkstuff.net/

Comment

• Jim Boyd
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Montgomery, Texas, USA.
              • Delta Unisaw

Ken it doesn't bother me but some people will be bothered by what you are proposing. I think you should do some more in-depth research on the matter. Everyone knows that flys are fast so I would propose calling them "Runs" instead of "Walks". Maybe if you would have been more careful as a child and didn't damage their legs when pulling off their wings you would see that they don't walk, they run. At your next cook out you would have to tell your guests that they will have to eat inside because you have the "Runs" Raid would be advertised as "Killing the Runs dead".
              Just something else to ponder while lounging at your pool
              Jim in Texas and Sicko Ryobi Cult Member ©

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Liberty, SC, USA.
                • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Jim Boyd
                Ken it doesn't bother me but some people will be bothered by what you are proposing. I think you should do some more in-depth research on the matter. Everyone knows that flys are fast so I would propose calling them "Runs" instead of "Walks". Maybe if you would have been more careful as a child and didn't damage their legs when pulling off their wings you would see that they don't walk, they run. At your next cook out you would have to tell your guests that they will have to eat inside because you have the "Runs" Raid would be advertised as "Killing the Runs dead".
                Just something else to ponder while lounging at your pool
                Dang it all, Jim! You're right, as usual. I wasted all yesterday afternoon in the pool pondering this dilemma, and was on the wrong track all the time.
                Oh well, now I have to suffer another afternoon by the pool with Tina and Jose and that darn blender. Thanks a lot, pal! ;-D
                Tina isn't gonna be very happy with you, either. She contributed considerable insight into the issue, so did Jose!
                ken

Comment

• KenBurris
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Cincinnati, OH, USA.

birthdays

I appreciate the greetings, but I don't think anyone should feel left out if they are not included. I myself only regularly recognize Pappy, since we share the day.
                  Ken in Cincinnati

Pretend this line says something extremely witty

Comment

• Popeye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2003
                    • Woodbine, Ga
                    • Grizzly 1023SL

Well shopmate, I think you're doing a fine job. Keep up the good work. Bravo Zulu and all that. Carry on, I'll be in the area all day. Pat
                    Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

Working...