Clear All
  • Wood_workur
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Ohio
    • Ryobi bt3100-1

wood working cd

Brosing the web, I came across this: www.woodworkingcd.com/list

And then I thought, maybe we could make something like that on bt3central, with our plans and some off the internet (giving every creator their due credit for the plan, of course). Who's in?
    Alex
  • Joe Lyddon
    Established Member
    • Oct 2005
    • Alta Loma, CA, USA.

... believe me... it's not good... it's not what you expect... it's a scam...

It's too good to me true... right?

Yes, you're right... it is...

Walk away from it... it has been around for months... he's getting it smoother & smoother...

I gotta go to bed...

Forget this scam.... please... you'll be sorry...

gnite...
    Have Fun!
    Joe Lyddon

Back to:
    http://Woodworkstuff.net/

Comment

• Wood_workur
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2005
      • Ohio
      • Ryobi bt3100-1

Originally posted by Joe Lyddon
      ... believe me... it's not good... it's not what you expect... it's a scam...

It's too good to me true... right?

Yes, you're right... it is...

Walk away from it... it has been around for months... he's getting it smoother & smoother...

I gotta go to bed...

Forget this scam.... please... you'll be sorry...

gnite...
      what are you saying is a scam?
      Alex

Comment

• gary
        • May 2004
        • Versailles, KY, USA.

I think he meant that the CD you referenced was a scam and I agree with him. I'd have to think about the BT3 idea somemore.
        Gary

Comment

• Wood_workur
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2005
          • Ohio
          • Ryobi bt3100-1

Originally posted by gary
          I think he meant that the CD you referenced was a scam and I agree with him. I'd have to think about the BT3 idea somemore.
          Yeah, because now the link isn't working

but, anyways, we could have the cd on the site to download (in zip form, and maybe have someother formats, for people on dialup (small chunks of it), or linux/mac users (don't know if they can use the zip or not.), or offer it on cd for the price of the cd(s) plus shipping.
          Alex

Comment

• GeekMom
            • Dec 2004
            • Bonney Lake, WA.
            • Shopsmith Mark V

Originally posted by Wood_workur
            Yeah, because now the link isn't working
            Link isn't complete. Add .pdf after /list

NOTE: This is neither a plug for or against the site! Just trying to help.
            Karen
            <><

Comment

• gmack5
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Don't waste you time!

Originally posted by Wood_workur
              Brosing the web, I came across this: www.woodworkingcd.com/list
              And then I thought, maybe we could make something like that on bt3central, with our plans and some off the internet (giving every creator their due credit for the plan, of course). Who's in?
              I can't think of a better way to get in a whole lot of trouble!
              Ever hear of the Copy Right Laws?? Nearly everything that you find on the internet is copy-righted and therefore not useable without specific permission of the copy-right holder.

The way that guy is getting around this is simple, he's providing a "List of Lists", in other words all he's doing is pointing you towards a Link that will bring you to the plans or another set of lists. DAMHIKT

It's not worth $0.10, let alone $10.00. If you'd like one ot those things, I'll send you mine!
              Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
              Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
              George

Comment

• Joe Lyddon
                Established Member
                • Oct 2005
                • Alta Loma, CA, USA.

Sorry, I meant the CD that was For Sale... It's no good... a scam...

If you make your own CD, that's up to you... permissions you get vs what is stolen (just copied from the internet), etc. etc. ... how complete the product is, etc.

I was NOT calling you a scam artist!
                Have Fun!
                Joe Lyddon

Back to:

Comment

• Wood_workur
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2005
                  • Ohio
                  • Ryobi bt3100-1

Sorry, I meant the CD that was For Sale... It's no good... a scam...

If you make your own CD, that's up to you... permissions you get vs what is stolen (just copied from the internet), etc. etc. ... how complete the product is, etc.

I was NOT calling you a scam artist!

yeah, what I would do is have a collection of projects from woodworkers on this site, and some links to good websites, all put on a cd, and aviable for free download, at no cost to you.
                  Alex

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • York, PA, USA.

I think a BT CD is an ok idea.
                    Wouldn't it be easier to better organize everything on the site?
                    This would include a forum for project plans to be posted and maybe an article and related links forum?

Comment

• Joe Lyddon
                      Established Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • Alta Loma, CA, USA.

FYI...

Back when I was getting interested in woodworking again, after having bookmarks getting out of hand, I started a Personal (non public) website of what I had & started adding Links to it instead of bookmarks... It got bigger & bigger... I finally decided to make it Public so it could help others besides just me... and it got slower & slower to access and was down a lot... I finally took it to a specific site and it's own name so it could be faster & better...

I have never thought about taking the information to a CD... as long as I have the website working, I don't see any need for it... and it's easier to maintain! If I ever did, it would be for my own use and absolutely not for sale.

One thing I found to be a problem... I would add a Link to my collection... the Link would go BAD making it useless and frustrating... That's when I decided to get permissions, grab pictures & text, edit for my website, and put the whole thing on the website... wouldn't get lost now!! Unless something happened to the website... I, of course, have a b/u on my computer, etc. I always get permission to add something to the site...

I still include Links if the site looks like it will be around for awhile... besides, disk space is getting close to the limit... if I exceed it, I will have to buy another block of disk space.

The website is easier to maintain, etc. than a CD... IMHO...

Hope this helps...
                      Have Fun!
                      Joe Lyddon

Back to:

Comment

• Wood_workur
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2005
                        • Ohio
                        • Ryobi bt3100-1

FYI...

Back when I was getting interested in woodworking again, after having bookmarks getting out of hand, I started a Personal (non public) website of what I had & started adding Links to it instead of bookmarks... It got bigger & bigger... I finally decided to make it Public so it could help others besides just me... and it got slower & slower to access and was down a lot... I finally took it to a specific site and it's own name so it could be faster & better...

I have never thought about taking the information to a CD... as long as I have the website working, I don't see any need for it... and it's easier to maintain! If I ever did, it would be for my own use and absolutely not for sale.

One thing I found to be a problem... I would add a Link to my collection... the Link would go BAD making it useless and frustrating... That's when I decided to get permissions, grab pictures & text, edit for my website, and put the whole thing on the website... wouldn't get lost now!! Unless something happened to the website... I, of course, have a b/u on my computer, etc. I always get permission to add something to the site...

I still include Links if the site looks like it will be around for awhile... besides, disk space is getting close to the limit... if I exceed it, I will have to buy another block of disk space.

The website is easier to maintain, etc. than a CD... IMHO...

Hope this helps...
                        yeah, maybe we could do a major overhaul on the articles section.
                        Alex

Comment

Working...