• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Clark
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Bangor, Maine, USA.

Love Them Navy Seals - WARNING potentially religious

A Navy SEAL was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day he shocked the class when he came in, looked to the ceiling, and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed!! , "Here I am God. I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the SEAL got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The SEAL went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the SEAL and asked, "What the **** is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The SEAL calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting American soldiers who are defending your right to say stupid **** and act like an ***hole. So He sent me."

Hooah!!
    Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.
  • meika123
    • Dec 2002
    • Advance, NC, USA.
    • BT3000

That's great. I heard the same story, except it was a Marine in the classroom.

Dave in NC
    Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
      Veteran Member
      • May 2003
      • Nanuet, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

No Way,

They would never let a Jarhead into any college.

Bruce
      "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
      Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• Tim Clark
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2006
        • Bangor, Maine, USA.

Could a Jarhead even FIND a college?
        Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

Comment

• Ken Weaver
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Clemson, SC, USA
          • Rigid TS3650

Originally posted by Tim Clark
          Could a Jarhead even FIND a college?
          Yes they can, we have over 100 Iraq and Afghan vets, all services including the Coast Guard. Some of them have a hard time of it, they are worlds apart from where they started. I've already had one trooper crash and burn with PTSD. To help we started a veteran's group to help them socialize back into college life. They meet every month and carry each other through the laughter and the tears. As a Vietnam Vet I thought I had seen it all. The Band of Brothers is still strong. Here's the story.
          Last edited by Ken Weaver; 05-15-2006, 08:06 PM.
          Ken Weaver
          Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

• Scottydont
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Edmonds, WA, USA.
            • Delta Industrial Hybrid

Originally posted by Ken Weaver
            Yes they can, we have over 100 Iraq and Afghan vets, all services including the Coast Guard. Some of them have a hard time of it, they are worlds apart from where they started. I've already had one trooper crash and burn with PTSD. To help we started a veteran's group to help them socialize back into college life. They meet every month and carry each other through the laughter and the tears. As a Vietnam Vet I thought I had seen it all. The Band of Brothers is still strong. Here's the story.
            Great article Ken.
            Scott
            "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• dlminehart
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2003
              • San Jose, CA, USA.

The way I heard it, the professor asked God, if He was Almighty and loving, to instantly cure everyone of cancer. The Navy SEAL knocked out the professor. On being asked why, the SEAL replied that, when someone's been trained to solve problems with violence, what else would they have expected of him? Rational discourse?
              - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Stytooner
                Roll Tide RIP Lee
                • Dec 2002
                • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                • BT3100

Well, David, once again we are at odds on opinions. The Military is not taught as you describe. They are taught to follow orders. There is more disipline in the Military ranks than you will hardly ever find in Civilian life.
                This was after all, just a joke, perhaps. Could it have happened? Oh yeah.
                While this incident wouldn't have evoked me to do much, there may have been other factors that we as readers don't know about. At any rate, violence is a part of life. Not just Humans, but every bug on the Planet is trying to make his place in life and sometimes, it gets violent.
                Lee

Comment

• meika123
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Advance, NC, USA.
                  • BT3000

Originally posted by Stytooner
                  Well, David, once again we are at odds on opinions. The Military is not taught as you describe. They are taught to follow orders. There is more disipline in the Military ranks than you will hardly ever find in Civilian life.
                  This was after all, just a joke, perhaps. Could it have happened? Oh yeah.
                  While this incident wouldn't have evoked me to do much, there may have been other factors that we as readers don't know about. At any rate, violence is a part of life. Not just Humans, but every bug on the Planet is trying to make his place in life and sometimes, it gets violent.
                  Very well said, Lee. VERY WELL SAID!!
                  How do we keep getting into these #%$@&* Broohaha's anyway?

Dave in NC
                  Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Comment

• meika123
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Advance, NC, USA.
                    • BT3000

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
                    No Way,

They would never let a Jarhead into any college.

Bruce
                    Hey Bruce,
                    You and Tim smile when you say Blasphemous things like that..

Dave in NC

Comment

• dlminehart
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2003
                      • San Jose, CA, USA.

Hey, Lee, lighten up! I thought it was a joke! Everyone knows the military is not trained to use violence as a solution to problems! :-) And that this soldier (and perhaps his CO?) would have been thrown in the brig for assault.
                      - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Adele
                        Established Member
                        • Nov 2003
                        • Midway, KY, USA.

Hey guys this is starting to get out of hand. Lets let it alone.

Adele

Comment

• Tim Clark
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jan 2006
                          • Bangor, Maine, USA.

I want to appologize for stepping on any toes. That was never my intent.

I guess it was a bad attempt at humor.
                          Tim

Comment

• meika123
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Advance, NC, USA.
                            • BT3000

Hey Tim,
                            You don't know me, but Bruce does. I was only teasing with my comment back to you and Bruce. I hope you understood that. This is entirely too fine a family to let something stupid like a misunderstanding tear us apart. I have been a member here for a long time, and have seen these things come and go many times, and alas, we are still here. The real beauty of this place is, we can agree to disagree, and no one limps away feeling like he has been publicly ridiculed. Let the other forums try this.
                            Well, so much for my soap box stand.

Dave in NC (rant mode off)

Comment

• Tim Clark
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Jan 2006
                              • Bangor, Maine, USA.

Oh, I'm cool Dave. I just wanted to defuse any situation I might have started.

You're right on that this forum is like a family and I'm glad to be concidered a part of it too. Families somtimes have disagreements but we always come together eventually and we apologize if we think we hurt someone's feelings.

Again, I didn't mean anything mean guys, just joining in the joshing. Any remarks or comments I make are strictly inter-service rivary driven and ONLY meant in jest.

I was Air Guard myself (fulltimer, retired now) and Army before that. I wouldn't be able to keep up with a Marine on my best day.

I thank God everyday that there are men and women out there on the pointy end of the spear making America the safe place it is today putting it all on line for you and me.
                              Tim

Comment

Working...