• Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Cohen
    Veteran Member
    • May 2003
    • Nanuet, NY, USA.
    • BT3100

Happy Mother's Day!!

To all the mothers out there, have a really great day and make "Hubby" wash the dishes, my wife already has.

Bruce
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Thanks Bruce. Mark made breakfast (for himself) and I only had to cook for the kids and myself. My daughter gave me a bracelet she made herself that says "Best Mom" on it in beads and my son gave me a recipe card size card with all the things that we do together (he drew them) and a couple of "I love you cards in there...so for me its a good day.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Same from here!

I scored some major brownie points this year. At the auction last week, I picked up a box of figurine mice. On the way home I called home and asked Ginger if she wanted her Mother's Day present a wek early or wanted to wait. She said NOW so I gave her a box from the auction with these 25 in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Early Mothers Day.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	779333

What I failed to mention was the box was inside a bigger box. Wrapped the rest in paper, individually (All 65 of them), and gave them to her this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mothers Day.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	779334

Probably bumps her collection to somewhere around 1,000!
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

I got LOML a plant with actual with flowers on it. Everything we have planted is all stuff I've rooted from cuttings or moved from somewhere else, so no flowers yet. The propery will look real pretty in a couple years but not right now.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• mikebanks
          Established Member
          • Jul 2004
          • lowell, ma, USA.
          • 2 BT3000 and 2 Delta 34-400's

Best mothers day Ever.

Well, let me begin by saying that what I am about to write, by no means is a gloat or anything of the sort. I usually don't do anything special for almost any holiday unless my bank account and my mind is into the special event.

I have been planning something like this for quite some time, but it finally came true. I kinda lack the follow through that most people have. (ADD, lack of focus).

Well, about 2-3 weeks ago I bought her a necklace and bracelet from a person from BNI. She has a website called www.bessheitner.com. A little plug. Anyways, I got her a gift certificate from VS and a little card that said, "get what you want. Not what I want." The whole men are from mars and women are from venus.

So, saturday morning I had the two boys. Even though it was raining and soccer was cancelled due to the FLOOD we are having. She ended up going to the gym and when she came home, she showered and I put a card in her front seat of the Jeep with the VS gift certificate. I tiold her she has an Appointment at a spa at 11:30 so she only has about an hour at VS.

So, she shops and get herself a few things that she needed and one that she thought that I would like.

She then goes to the Spa for about 4 hours getting a massage, facial, peticure and a few other things taken care of. I left my credit card number on file and told them if she wants anything else done, just do it and if she ever comes back, just charge my card.

Then she goes home, where a new outfit is waiting. Whole Nine yards. top to bottom. A classy and sexy outfit that she could break up and use with other articles of clothing that she already has. She looked great.

I dropped the kids off at my mothers house where my little brother took care of them for the night. I also showered at my parents house. My little brother picked up my wife and drove her to a little secluded bar at a local hotel. I ended up meeting her at the bar about 15 minutes after she got there. We had a glass of wine or two and just talked for about an hour with no one else at the bar. Quite Nice. She looked stunning.

We then went to a local Winery/Apple orchard that has a small resturaunt that is based in a large antique farmhouse. Really romantic. We had a 7:45 reservation, and ended up leaving at about 10:30. Quite a nice dinner. So between the first course and the main meal, I gave her the necklace and bracelet. When I picked out the whole outift for her based on the necklace and bracelet that I got for her.

Ended up going home, but I had made reservations at the local hotel with the bar if she wanted.

I got to tell you, it was one of the nicest times I have ever had with my wife. No kids, no real concerns. No cell phones, no one to be accountable too. Real nice. I know I fell in love with her for a reason.

Spent about the price of a new Unisaw, but it was the only time I have spoiled her in the last few years. She said that the day couldnt be outdone.

I am going to have to prove her wrong.

Serious brownie points for that day............

I most likely spent 4-5 times what I spent on her on tools in the past year. So, I am starting to make up for lost time.
          Maybe...........

Comment

• GeekMom
            • Dec 2004
            • Bonney Lake, WA.
            • Shopsmith Mark V

Thanks! My family took me out to lunch, then we played badminton in the back yard. Later, the senior high youth group had a family barbecue in honor of the moms. All in all, a wonderful day!
            Karen
            <><

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Mike,

Pampering her is one thing, but what are you trying to do to us? I mean, some of the wives are members of the forum and others read it on occasion!

Seriously, I think you said it best.

I got to tell you, it was one of the nicest times I have ever had with my wife. No kids, no real concerns. No cell phones, no one to be accountable too. Real nice. I know I fell in love with her for a reason.

I always take a few days off around our anniversary so we can do whatever we want. Normally involves getting out of town for a day or two. Something every couple should do now and then.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

Working...