• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Any Excel experts here?

"Expert" being the operative word. I'd classify myself as either an Advanced Beginner or a Beginning Intermediate, and I'm currently building a workbook that is stretching the limits of what I know how to do.

Specifically, I have a database that I need to search for matching values in the various rows and, if found, extract some of the data from those rows and dump them into another worksheet in the same workbook. I'm fairly sure I can't do it with either VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP; beyond that, I'm stumped.

If anyone is willing to take a crack at this, I'd shorely be much obliged ...
    Larry
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LarryG
    "Expert" being the operative word. I'd classify myself as either an Advanced Beginner or a Beginning Intermediate, and I'm currently building a workbook that is stretching the limits of what I know how to do.

Specifically, I have a database that I need to search for matching values in the various rows and, if found, extract some of the data from those rows and dump them into another worksheet in the same workbook. I'm fairly sure I can't do it with either VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP; beyond that, I'm stumped.

PM sent, I think I can help.
    Brian

Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

• greencat
      Established Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Grand Haven Mi

Originally posted by LarryG

I think vlookup is your answer.
      Thanks again,
      Mike

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

I'm intrigued, I would have thought that V or Hlookup should have been able to do that.

Post the problem and lets see what we can figure out.

Jon
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• sacherjj
          Not Your Average Joe
          • Dec 2005
          • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
          • BT3100-1

If you can't get it solved, PM me. If I can't figure it out in Excel, I'm sure I can script it in a couple minutes.
          Joe Sacher

Comment

Working...