• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pa-Paw
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2005
    • Lake Dallas, Texas, USA.

I don’t frequent car sites

So, I’ll post these pictures here, for your pleasure. My brother who is a long time restorer of old MoPar’s asked me to photograph his latest effort. Everything about the car is new or completely rebuilt.

• jobucks
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Peoria, IL.
    • BT 3100-1

Hey Pa-Paw,

I do visit the car sites and Mopar events. Am a Mopar guy, have had many thru the years and currently have two I'm building.

From the pictures tell your brother it looks like a job well done. Nice '63 Fury! Nothing negative, but, he wasn't going for a "factory type restoration", right? No 440 engines until '67.

Comment

• Pa-Paw
      Forum Newbie
      • May 2005

I'm car rebuilder dumb

Originally posted by jobucks
      Hey Pa-Paw,

I do visit the car sites and Mopar events. Am a Mopar guy, have had many thru the years and currently have two I'm building.

From the pictures tell your brother it looks like a job well done. Nice '63 Fury! Nothing negative, but, he wasn't going for a "factory type restoration", right? No 440 engines until '67.
      No, this is not as it originally rolled of the lot. It’s a multi car show winner, though. It has been upgraded with disk brakes, electronic ignition, sway bars, hemi cam, and on and on. The trunk is even decked out. It has been taken completely apart and redone. Even the skid plate is as clean as your kitchen table.

Comment

• rg32
        Established Member
        • Jul 2004
        • Barre, Vermont, USA.

Nice restoration!
        My parents had one but black with a 318 big block.
        I used to drive it when I was in high school.
        Can't see a selector lever on the steering column does it have push button drive , (type writer drive as we used to call it)

I used to own a few mopars myself and my favorites were a both 1967's, GTX (440 magnum) gold with 2 black racing running from the hood to the trunk.
        The one I wish I still had was 67 Bellevedere with a factory 426 street hemi, it was a sleeper with taxi cab interior,dog dish hubcaps and standard steering and brakes.
        Ask him how much it would be worth today.
        Thanks
        Last edited by rg32; 04-08-2006, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Pa-Paw
          Forum Newbie
          • May 2005

Originally posted by rg32
          Nice restoration!
          My parents had one but black with a 318 big block.
          I used to drive it when I was in high school.
          Can't see a selector lever on the steering column does it have push button drive , (type writer drive as we used to call it)
          When the wife and I married we had a 63 Dodge Coronet 500, so I do remember the old push button transmission shifter. To answer your question, yes the Fury has the buttons just to the left of the steering column on the dash. My brother tells me that he had to become a master at repairing those old shifter cables. He has rebuilt several cars and they all had the push button shifter, as far as I know. I think he limits his cars to the Dodges and Plymouths that were built between 1961 and 1965. I have little knowledge of the power plants for those years, but he usually fits them with 440’s. The old hemi engines were too costly, he said. They may be cheaper now as they are in production again

Comment

• mater
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • SC, USA.

That brings back some good memories.
            Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Pa-Paw
              Forum Newbie
              • May 2005

Some Cooler pics

I’ve uploaded several new pictures of the 63 to my site if anyone is interested. Some are very cool indeed.
              http://www.picturetrail.com/pa-paw

Comment

Working...