Clear All
  • mmcduffie
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Des Moines, Washington.
    • BT3000

A note to KBTC

PBS channel in Tacoma Washington.

I'd like to pledge but, from my viewpoint, KBTC doesn't give me the chance.

I only watch the woodworking shows broadcast Saturday afternoons. The ones that are nearly always preempted for what seem to me to be repeats of earlier telecasts.

I have pledged in the past during a Red Green marathon but, since I’ve seen pretty much all of the shows 6 or 7 times, I let my membership lapse.

I also used to watch Dr Who but I understand that it was dropped due to action by BBC and not KBTC.

Has KBTC ever tried a woodworking marathon? Or even fund raising during normal programming? How would KBTC know how many folks count on their weekly dose of Norm?

Michael McDuffie
  • r1968
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Palo Alto, CA
    • BT3100

Hear! Hear!

Coundn't have said it better myself. They ought to atleast webcast the programs during their peldge break so we have somewhere to go. Making us switch off is no way to promote loyal viewership.
    P.S. :it is the same with every PBS Station.

--raj

Comment

• mmcduffie
      Established Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Des Moines, Washington.
      • BT3000

I sent it to programming@kbct.org.

We'll see if they respond.

Michael

Comment

• Warren
        Established Member
        • Jan 2003
        • Anchorage, Ak
        • BT3000

I'm not a fan of PBS (nor NPR for that matter) for the reasons stated above. Further, the tax money subsidizing of companies in direct competition with the private sector seems unfair. The private sector broadcasters have to compete with each other for money on the open market. PBS turns to the Federal and State governments when they need the bucks. Also, the growth of satillite TV, and net broadcasting seems to have made PBS and NPR superfluous with respect to programming. They should be made to sink or swim on their own ability to raise funding.

Then there's the increase of advertising on PBS. The funding credits at the end of some shows sound and look suspiciously like adverts.

Sorry for the little rant! And my apologies to all who I have offended.
        A man without a shillelagh, is a man without an expidient.

Comment

Working...