X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickd
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Cowichan Bay, 30 mi. north of Victoria, B.C., Canada.
    • Ryobi BT3100

Garage Sale Furniture Treasures!

over the years the loml has found numerous antique/rustic and just plain interesting furniture and stuff at garage sales, auctions etc. - mostly for giveaway prices. some of the pieces really demonstrate the work of the great woodworking craftsmen who made them. She got most of the furniture for just a few dollars. Here are three of them - an old hand-wind gramophone; a medicine cabinet; and an armoire:

i've added the rest to a new picture gallery on my website. here's the gallery page url if you would like to see them:

http://www.rickswoodworking.ca/garage_sale_finds.htm
    Attached Files
    rick doyle

Rick's Woodworking Website
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Yard sales can be interesting, to say the least.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Copper
      Established Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Madison, WI.
      • BT3100

Yeah, we have an armoire that is made mostly of quartersawn oak that we bought cheap at an estate sale. I hate to think what it would cost to build it today.
      - Dennis

"If your mind goes blank, don't forget to turn off the sound." --Red Green
      and yes, it's a potato.

Comment

• sacherjj
        Not Your Average Joe
        • Dec 2005
        • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Many many years ago, my GF's aunt purchased a ring at a yardsale for $2. It looked huge and gaudy and no way it could be real. After keeping it for years, the curiosity got the better of her and she took it to a jewelry shop. She was paid over $50k for it. I think a find like that would be very good for my tools.
        Last edited by sacherjj; 03-22-2006, 02:10 PM.
        Joe Sacher

Comment

• rickd
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Cowichan Bay, 30 mi. north of Victoria, B.C., Canada.
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by sacherjj
          Many many years ago, my GF's aunt purchased a ring at a yardsale for $2. It looked huge and gaudy and no way it could be real. After keeping it for years, the curiosity got the better of her and she took it to a jewelry shop. She was paid over $50k for it. I think a find like that would be very good for my tools.
          hi,

every once in a while a i hear a story like that and i just hope ....... maybe some day!! that would buy a lot of tools for sure!
          rick doyle

Rick's Woodworking Website

Comment

• glencross
            Established Member
            • May 2005
            • canoe, british columbia, Canada.

garage sales furniture treasures.

rickd:

i really liked your web site and especially the leadin to boss tools.i am looking to buy another router and they have a "superior"plunge router for just over ioo bucks with a lot of attachments,,,i think i just may buy it!!!

thanks again.

Comment

Working...