• Show
Clear All
  • bigfoot15
    Established Member
    • Oct 2005
    • edmonton, alberta, Canada.
    • BT3100

Detroit area rockers

Does anybody know if the "Detroit Cobras" are still rocking or have they hung it up?
    I found them by mistake and bought an album, loved it, bought every one I could find up here. I think the newest I was able to find is 2001.

Also looking for listening suggestions for unusual (non-mainstream) southern blues/rock, what I like to call hillbilly rock (no offence intended).
    Some that I have in my library include North Mississippi Allstars, Drive by Trucker, Soledad Brothers.
    Believe it or not, I found all of these including Detroit Cobras by looking on the White Stripes website and who some of their favorite touring bands were a couple of years back. Jack White is one of my favorites as an overall musician because he can do almost any music with style.

Any suggestions are appreciated and I will see how much luck I have locating discs up here.
    patience is a virtue I can\'t wait to have
  • parnelli
    • Aug 2004
    • bt3100

Don't know anything about the band, but it looks like there was an album that came out two months ago:

http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/artists/detroitcobras/

Also- I found their stuff on amazon, so hopefully you could at least have it shipped if you can't find it up there.

Comment

• bigsteel15
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2006
      • Edmonton, AB
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by parnelli
      Don't know anything about the band, but it looks like there was an album that came out two months ago:

http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/artists/detroitcobras/

Also- I found their stuff on amazon, so hopefully you could at least have it shipped if you can't find it up there.
      Thanks for that, I never thought to do a search as previous ones had not helped much.
      These guys (gals) are awesome.
      Brian

Welcome to the school of life
      Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

Working...