• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

In defense of my LOML she has good taste in decorating. The biggest problem she starts down one track and then sees someting on TV and goes off in a different direction. It does look like now she is starting to put it together. I think the 2 issues we have is, she is more of a packrat, while I like things not so cluttered and more organized. She likes everything out, I have stuff stashed in boxes and kind of rotate things. But after 40 years, I am not going to change here and she is not going to change me, she is a good person so I choose to leave it alone and enjoy the our last years togethter. My advice is to try and talk it out and then decide if it is worth going to the wall over. She has some decorating ideas for the livingroom and dinning room that involves woodworking so maybe I can get a new tool or two.

Tom

Comment

• DonHo
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2004
      • Shawnee, OK, USA.
      • Craftsman 21829

she is a good person so I choose to leave it alone and enjoy the our last years togethter.

There speaks a wise man

DonHo
      Don

Comment

• billwmeyer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Weir, Ks, USA.
        • BT3000

What is the problem?? She can buy anything she wants for her room, so start buying tools for your garage!! Decorate the walls with routers and router bits. Place exotic lumber piles anywhere you can stack it. Buy a big screen tv and hang it on the wall. Then you can put your favorite sports team's logo on the outside of the garage door, or maybe a pin-up picture instead.

Of course, these things will all go with you to the new house after the divorce.

Bill
        "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• Boomer_01
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006

Just remember

Her decorating expenses are A WHOLE LOT LESS expensive than a divorce lawyer......

If you arent careful she could be living in your house....and own the garage .......and have the basement while you are living at the YMCA....

It could happen.....

Boomer

Comment

• Stormbringer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Floral Park, NY
            • Bosch 4000

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT!!! TELL HER WHO'S BOSS. IF SHE DON'T LIKE IT PUSH HER INTO THE WOODCHIPPER. NO WOODCHIPPER? THE BT3 CUTS UP MORE THAN JUST WOOD!!! WRAP THE EVIDENCE IN THOSE SHAGGY DRAPES AND BURY THE GOOD'S OFF OF I-95.

Sorry I have Sopranos on the brain. New season starts Sunday....

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
              Bandsaw Box Momma
              • Apr 2005
              • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Hey Mike..I have seen that and if we would have had the money then I probably would have had that for the baby. At least that is what Mark said.
              Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• thestinker
                • Oct 2005
                • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

Fortunately, the misses has pretty good taste when it comes to decorating. And she is worse (by that I mean more likely to do it than I am) about throwing stuff away. If it hasn't been used or moved in like 6 months, hasta lavista baby. Thats why I keep moving!!!! Besides we have a great understanding. I don't question possible new nic-nacs and she don't questio new tools.
                Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

• siloamga
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Siloam, Georgia
                  • BT3100

When in doubt, I consult a good book...in this case, check out the chapter called Proverbs and look for section 21:9...Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

If that chair hurts your back, you should tell her it hurts your back... in a loving and kind way... and be willing to buy some new chairs that are comfortable to replace the expensive uncomfortable chairs.

Once you get something comfortable to sit in...shutup and enjoy the room!

Please let me know if you try this option...I've been thinking about trying this with my wife for about 20 years...
                  I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977).

Comment

• Brian G
                    • Jun 2003
                    • Bloomington, Minnesota.
                    • G0899

"slounch"

I don't have any good advice. I do, however, like that word.
                    Brian

Comment

• AlanJ
                      Established Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • Rochester, MN
                      • BT3100

LOML gets unhappy when I spend too much time in my shop, leaving her alone upstairs. For some strange reason she likes having me around.
                      Anyway - if your situation is similar, then you've got some leverage. Start spending all yout ime in the shop, and never sit with her in the offending room. When she takes you to task, you can the explain how you hate the room so much you can't even bear to sit in it with her. Of course, if she made some changes that you like, then....

BTW. If this approach backfires, I deny all responsibility
                      Alan

Comment

Working...