• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierhogunn
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

Any runners out there?

I have started running, to prepare for the Cooper River Bridge Run (well actually started a month ago)

This past saturday, I decided to just keep running until I couldn't run any more. I didn't reach that point. I did get to 4.52 miles ( I had been running to 3 miles)

I did how ever wear a raw spot on my left leg, in an uncomfortable place. 3 pieces of medical tape later I am ready to go again.

Any of the other runners out there "run" into that problem, if so how did you avoid it a second time?
    It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Depends on what made the raw spot,.. Anyway, when I run I wear jockey shorts and running shorts. The jocky shorts keep stuff out of the way, as it were. The running shorts are made specifically to avoid chafing.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• pushrod
      Established Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Panama City, FL, USA.
      • BT3100

+1 on the running shorts. They are made with flat seams in the crotch that will not cut into your thighs.

You might also consider those shiny "compression shorts". You can wear those under your running shorts.
      \"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.\"

Comment

• scorrpio
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Men's sports briefs and running pants from Nike plus a good pair of sports socks and cross-training sneakers have yet to let me down. I don't run very large distances - I think my longest non-stop run is about 15 miles.

Comment

• Bruce Platt
          Established Member
          • Apr 2004
          • Swanzey, NH, USA.

Shorts? I need a running parka up here, it's below zero again with winds up to 50 MPH.

Makes for good woodworking weather.
          Bruce Platt

Comment

• pierhogunn
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2003
            • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

This is my wife's doing. After about 1 year of pestering me non-stop about "Why don't you like running"
            "Don't you want to be around for your kids"
            etc... ( See earlier post about arguing with women)

I said fine, and she goes and signs me up for cooper river, Thanks for the information I just hope to convince her that I have to have those things...
            It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

Originally posted by pierhogunn
              This is my wife's doing. After about 1 year of pestering me non-stop about "Why don't you like running"
              "Don't you want to be around for your kids"
              etc... ( See earlier post about arguing with women)

The reasons to run, and what to run from! Nagging wife chasing, and pestering kids (can I borrow the car)
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...