• Show
Clear All
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

An honest thief, if there is such a thing

As some of you may know I posted a thread in the BT3 section a little over a week ago asking for photos of mobile BT3's as the ones I had on a USB/Flash drive were stolen out of my car along with my back pack and some CD's. Well, today in the mail at work I received a padded envelope addressed to me with no return address. I figured it was just some sort of junk mail but when I opened the envelope there was my flash drive along with my business card that must have been in my back pack.

However the CD's and the back pack are still gone....OH well I got back the most important thing to me!
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264
  • Tim Clark
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Bangor, Maine, USA.

I guess they didn't want to mess with a guy who carries pics of his saw around with him.

Glad you got your drive back Grant.
    Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

Comment

• lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

Well that must have made your day for you? Maybe not great but certainly good news. Congrats! Now let that be a lesson to you. Don't own a car - or if you just must at least don't keep stuff in it.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• gmack5
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

If you haven't totally messed it up by putting your own Finger Prints all over it, I'd take it to the Local Police Station and see if they can lift a Strange Set of Prints off the container that your drive was in.

You just might get the rest of your stuff back, never know................
        Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
        Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
        George

Comment

• 9johnny5
          Established Member
          • Mar 2005
          • Orange Park, FL
          • BT3100

sweet

Glad you got your drive back Grant...it's like finding your wallet with the credit cards and cash gone but all the rest of the important stuff still there.

Now you can continue your mobile base plans.

Johnny
          not exactly Norm...al

Comment

• Penzance
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2004
            • Montco, PA, USA.

Another similar story

Your story reminds me of this website I ran across yesterday, with again less than happy results:

http://lostcamera.blogspot.com/

In particular you need to read the blurb with the title of the blog, and then the post titled "camera unlost, but not quite found."
            Derek

"33 M to P" according to the marker by the road...

Comment

Working...