• Show
Clear All
  • billwmeyer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Weir, Ks, USA.
    • BT3000

B. B. King

My wife and I attended a B. B. King concert in Branson Sunday and we were blown away!! He is on his farewell tour, so if you have the opportunity to see him, I would highly recommend it. Not only is he a great singer and musician, we really enjoyed his humor and comentary.

Bill
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers
  • maxparot
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
    • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

I've seen him 3 times over the years and it's always a great show.
    Opinions are like gas;
    I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• Never2old2start
      Established Member
      • Oct 2005
      • Orlando, Florida, USA.
      • BT3100

I have always had an appreciation for a guitar blues player. Never seen him but if this is a farewell tour I guess it's time.

~ Paul ~

Comment

• offthemark
        Established Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Germantown, TN, USA.
        • BT3100

Finally an advantage to living in Memphis. He has a club here called B. B. King's where he will occasionally drop in to play.
        Mark
        --------
        "There are no stupid questions - just stupid people"

Comment

• Martin_S
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006

My wife and I have tickets to see him Saturday.

Can't pass up the opportunity to see him - this will be the first time for either of us.

Martin

Comment

• billwmeyer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Weir, Ks, USA.
            • BT3000

I visited Memphis about 2 years ago and fell in love with Beale street. I spent a lot of my time at B. B. Kings club. He wasn't there, but after that we swore we would get to a concert of his if we ever had the chance.

It started sleeting on us as we got to Branson, and we had a slow time getting to Springfield, before the roads cleared, but the music was worth the effort.

Off the mark, I envy your ability to go to Beale street anytime, and then there is the RIBS in Memphis!! Wow!

Bill

Comment

• Scottydont
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Edmonds, WA, USA.
              • Delta Industrial Hybrid

I have met him in person and he is a great man.

I have to take to opportunity to tell you a story. I was taking guitar lessons from James "Curly" Cook (guitar player for the Steve Miller Band) and he told me in SF a long time ago they were opening up for BB King and Steve Miller was playing a solo on the last song of the set when a guitar string broke. Steve did not have a backup guitar and picked up the closest guitar to him and finished the song. He realized after he was done that it was BB's beloved "Lucille". BB met him back stage and put his arm over his shoulder and said something to the affect " Son, if you ever get the chance to play on the same stage with me again you need to understand that no one EVER touches Lucille, got it?" Steve said "Yes Mr. King". Curly said he really liked Steve so he made his statement sternly in a mentoring and gentlmanly way. He is a class act.

I'll bet Steve had to go change his shorts after that conversation!
              Scott
              "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• billwmeyer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2003
                • Weir, Ks, USA.
                • BT3000

Scottydon't:
                That is a great story! I can't imagine anyone else playing Lucille. I am setting here listening to the B B King Cd I bought at the concert, but the Thrill Ain't gone.

Bill

Comment

Working...