• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

What I learned today

I learned that the Craftsman micro torque wrench is $26 off. I also learned to consider something else since they don't have a lifetime warranty but the Husky and HF ones do.

What did you learn today?
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

Hahaha.... smart ass!
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Wood_workur
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2005
      • Ohio
      • Ryobi bt3100-1

Originally posted by Sam Conder
      Hahaha.... smart ass!
      That language thingy isn'y working!
      Alex

Comment

• siloamga
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2003
        • Siloam, Georgia
        • BT3100

Originally posted by crokett
        I learned that the Craftsman micro torque wrench is $26 off. I also learned to consider something else since they don't have a lifetime warranty but the Husky and HF ones do.

Ok, that is funny. I figured I should consider something else because of it's limited size range...you know...9/16 to 9/18. I've had to torque a lot of 9/16 nuts in my life, but haven't seen many 9/18!
        I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977).

Comment

• Sam Conder
          Woodworker Once More
          • Dec 2002
          • Midway, KY
          • Delta 36-725T2

I learned a lot about mySQL databases. I learned how to break 'em and fortunately I also learned at least one way to fix 'em.

Tomorrow I plan on studying how not to break on in the first place.
          Sam Conder
          BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• jbalders
            Established Member
            • Oct 2003
            • Vienna, VA, USA.
            • BT3100 + Shopsmith

Crockett: LOL

Sam:
            And my favorite SQL DB trick is:

DELETE FROM table;

And POOF! all of the data in your table is gone. If you're using mysql 5, use the new transactions ("BEGIN WORK"; do stuff; check it; COMMIT; ) feature when you're doing big stuff like that, assuming you're using a back-end that supports transactions. At least you'll be able to roll back mistakes.

Jeff
            Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Sam Conder
              Hahaha.... smart ass!
              I am glad you have a sense of humor. Seriously Sam, thanks for everything that you do.
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Thom2
                Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
                • Jan 2003
                • Stevens, PA, USA.
                • Craftsman 22124

It's not about the post count!!!

Originally posted by crokett

I learned that even with only 2 posts that you can still end up being famous and making the history books around here.

Congratulations to jxyoung for his time in the spotlight here at BT3Central!!!!

I'm sure at one point that his post count had to be higher than anyone else around here. I think he also did it in the least amount of time, but Mike (silverfox) MIGHT still have him beat.

If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
                **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

Working...