• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Pappy, I commend you for pressing on with the shop repairs despite your and your wife's health problems. I wish that there was some way we could get together as a group had help your repair you r deck.

I would coat the bottom of the wood to hopefully buy it a couple of more years for the plywood.

capncarl

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Pappy
      McCoy's found a source for the 3/4 T&G at $42 a sheet. A bit pricey but still my best option. Depending on how dry it is, I may skip treating the underside and just seal the top after it dries out.
      As it was mentioned, make sure the plywood is exterior grade. The glues used won't delaminate as quickly. Most PT plywood use exterior rated glues. Marine grade would hold up better, but is probably cost prohibitive.
      Erik

Comment

• Carpenter96
        Established Member
        • Aug 2011
        • Barrie ON Canada
        • BT 3000

I used pressure treated exterior grade plywood for a ramp to my shed and also treated the cut edges with Thompson's water seal 11 years ago and the ramp is in contact with the ground and has not deteriorated. So I think you could safely use it where it is not in contact with the ground and expect it to last a long time.

Regards Bob

Comment

Working...