• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Couple of Utility Stools

While these are not works of art, they function well. I made the small stool about 8 years ago as a quick project so that I was not sitting on the ground but at the same time lower than sitting on a chair height stool. The small stool is 11 inches high. Made from 1 1/2" old rough cut cypress.

The taller stool is 21 inches an is just right for other projects. The taller one is compound cut (BT3) and was intriguing to visualize both ends, and get it right. No mistakes on the angles! Can't believe it! I did make a mistake on the hole on the top. I drilled holes on the outside of my mark and made the hand hold about 1/2 inch wider than intended

I had cleaned my saw up and zeroed the blade to 90° when I realized I could have used the angle to cut a step and a brace at the correct angles. The step supports were not cut to the angle of the legs, but it works.

The holes in the top are very handy.

By the way, the holes in the step board are from borer bees.

Nothing special in design but the light weight and strength and just right height have really come in handy when working in different situations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leehljp; 01-01-2016, 06:29 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Hank, I like those. I cobbled together a little seat for working in the garden but yours is much nicer. You even went through the trouble of doing all those angled cuts.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

The borer bees were just trying to help lighten it so you would be able to move it easier!

Comment

Working...