• Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Found good BT3K accessory brackets

I was browsing the McMaster.com site one day (I can't even remember what I was looking for) when I spotted an angle bracket (McMaster part # 15275A63) that I thought would be ideal for mounting accessory tables to the BT3K series of saws.

I had earlier come up w/ a solution using plywood brackets that I was and am still satisfied with. Whenever I would upload photos of my saw here, I would receive a private message or two asking how I mounted my miter/router accessory tables to the rails. It always seemed like my plywood bracket idea was too much trouble for many, though. People want fast and easy, and I don't blame them.

I know some users here have made their own brackets using aluminum angle. But I have also read threads here where some users are a little lost in working aluminum.

So I decided to order some brackets and try them out. I ordered about a dozen brackets, and some Large t-nuts (1/4" thread) from t-nuts.com. I used 1/4" x 1/2" long hex-head bolts, some 1-1/4" nylon washers, 1-1/4" steel washers, and a lock nut to put everything together (the nylon washers prevent the brackets from chewing into the soft aluminum rails).

The brackets work great for mounting BT3K tables because they have two slots: The side w/ the 1/4" slot mounts to the rail, and allows you to slide the bracket up and down to align the table tops. The side with the 5/16" slot goes on top and allows you to align your accessory top side to side, and front to back.

I've included some pics. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if any arise.
    Attached Files
  • Garasaki
    • Sep 2006

Can you post a link or provide a part number for the McMaster brackets??

I like this idea. Simple, relatively easy, quick, etc etc. Thanks for your troubles!
    -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
    -Henry Blake

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Garasaki
      Can you post a link or provide a part number for the McMaster brackets??

I like this idea. Simple, relatively easy, quick, etc etc. Thanks for your troubles!
      www.mcmaster.com

McMaster part # 15275A63
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Pakaderm
        Established Member
        • Jan 2004

Anyone know how much shipping is for these bad boys?

-Pak

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

Originally posted by Pakaderm
          Anyone know how much shipping is for these bad boys?

-Pak
          No way to know w/o ordering. McMaster adds actual UPS shipping, and determines that amount after you place the order. There are no handling charges. Their shipping has always been super-reasonable.

Someone else told me you can voice the order in and they will quote shipping. But I find I prefer to avoid people where possible. Plus I like the confirmation E-Mail and online tracking.

Comment

• crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Very timely. I am going to replace my accessory table with a larger one and was wondering how I would mount the new table to the rails. Now I know.
            David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Pakaderm
              Established Member
              • Jan 2004

cgallery (or anyone in the know),

What bit do you use to cut that t-slot in the wood in the bottom left picture? It seems all the t-slot cutter router bits have a large diameter of 1 1/8 or larger. That slot looks a lot smaller.

Maybe this is what you use:

EDIT:
              A different search turned up this:

That is probably it.

Thanks,
              -Pak
              Last edited by Pakaderm; 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...