• Show
Clear All
  • RodKirby
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

The OZ/YANK Router Fence

Rod made the brackets and sent them to me. I modified the rear one to slide past Quick-Fold
    Outfeed Table. I trimmed ¼" off the bottom of the back and cut ¼ slots, so the
    bracket could slide up and down over the bolts attached to the rear rail. The fence is 1"
    MDF (back) 37" L X 4" H, with ¾" face of MDF and Rockler High Density Plastic. The
    base is Baltic Birch 21 ¾" X 6", that is rabbetted into MDF. It has four hardwood
    supports, two of which the Rockler dust port is attached to. The port is sealed with foam-backed
    tape and silicone. A Rockler T-Track is attached to the top of the fence to
    accommodate a Hartville router bit shield (not pictured). The two MDF pieces are glued
    to each other and the HD plastic is attached with flat head machine screws. The fence is
    attached to Rod's brackets using ¼" inserts and Hartville ¼" X 1 ½" long thumbscrews --
    generic Home Depot thumbscrews were used for the picture. The back was painted with
    water base latex and after drying the entire fence was sealed with two coats of semi-gloss
    polyurethane. The face MDF was lightly sanded and coated with floor paste wax.
    Attached Files
    Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm
Working...