Peachtree #369 50' 2.5" Heavy Duty Clear PVC Dust Collection Hose.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Peachtree #369 50' 2.5" Heavy Duty Clear PVC Dust Collection Hose.

Quick review of the hose.

Good and flexible PVC material follows handheld tools like sanders super easy. Wire wrapped soft PVC is entirely too crushable. Be careful not to step on, or drop anything onto the hose!
    50 foot bulk box of hose is a lifesaver for those of us wanting to make custom length hoses. I made 1 @ 20 feet, and 3 @ 10 feet out of mine.
    This was the least expensive hose I could find, which is NOT why I bought it. I wanted hose that I could make a 20 footer out of without splicing.
    I am a little concerned about the durability of the material it is made from though. I was able to cut through it with a utility knife, but it took way more effort to poke through than I expected (and I jabbed my finger in the process, OUCH!). The wire wrapping should make grounding the system easier as well.

Summary, so far so good. Relatively easy to work with, low cost, desirable lengths, good visibility through it to find and work out obstructions. Concerns with crushing and durability. Perhaps unfounded, but still there. Overall, I think for the cost, if these hoses last me 5 years, I will be happy with them.

RELATED REVIEW: See my review on the Peachtree #447 Screw End 2.5" Dust Collection Hose Adapters. When combined, they make a good hose assembly.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...