• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Received some New Free Ryobi 18V Batteries

I "broke' my 7 year old ryobi 18V Drill driver Monday; and promptly ordered another from HD with their Special/Exclusive deals at $100. That order was canceled the morning it was to be sent (Wednesday). It was the drill with 1 regular 1 1/2Ah and one 2 Ah HP batteries. Disgustedly, I looked and the next best things, which was $139 with 3 batteries - Two 2Ah batteries and One 2Ah HP batteries. Grumbling at this, I ordered it.

Then the day before the drill was to arrive (Yesterday-Thursday) I received a package from HD and opened it. It was the two 2Ah regular lithium batteries. My thoughts were: "OK, they just sent the 2 regular batteries separately, however I was confused as to why the 2Ah instead of what I thought was going to be two 1 1/2Ah batteries. Today, the Drill arrived (30 minutes ago) and I opened the UPS delivered brown box and there were 2 regular 2 Ah batteries in it, And the Ryobi box with the drill. Inside the Drill box was the 2Ah High Performance battery.
    5 batteries with the drill order.I will not complain. I will call HD and see what they want to do. I tried calling them two days ago two times with questions about the canceled order and I never did get through.

Broke Drill:
    I added a trailer hitch to my Camry. I purchased the trailer hitch last year but didn't get around to adding it on until Labor Day (It was a little complicated, but I did it). The hitch has a couple of plates that are 5/16" thick and one hole was off by almost 1/2 inch. I used a 1/2" drill bit and wallowed the hole side to side. The size of the hole didn't matter as there is a large flange to take up the space. I wallowed the hole side to side in the direction it need. Just about finished and the 1/2" bit (HF) broke in half. I was not putting a huge amount of pressure, but it was the heat that broke it, I think) I pulled out another 1/2 bit to finish the wallow.

Just as I was finishing, the bit came out. I put it back in and tried to tighten it. The Chuck would not budge one way or the other. Got some channel lock and tried and it would not budge. I took the inside screw out and tried again with the channel locks, Nothing. I was tired and just gave up. I need my drill but not at the moment. SO I decided to order another (in the story above). I am going to work on the broke one and try and get the chuck off. Once I do that, I will order another original chuck from either eBay or Amazon. (BTW, the chuck is all metal and the hand-tighten type).

I don't think I can complain with 5 new 2Ah batteries of which 1 was a HP-High Performance battery.

FORGOT TO MENTION: The reason for the order cancelation was that they had sold out of that "special". It was not on the web site to order after the cancelation.
    Last edited by leehljp; 09-08-2023, 10:01 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
Working...