• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madcapwoodwright
    Handtools only
    • Apr 2015

New to BT3...In need of dust hood for AP-10

Hello all,
    New BT3 member here. I am in the midst of re-building my shop after having to close my woodworking business back on '08. So far I am doing fairly well for being on a shoe string budget.

One of my best "snags" is an original Ryobi AP-10 in virtually new condition. The previous owner bought it new in ...I want to say...1988? He is just like me, and keeps his tools in tip top shape. Spare parts are purchased to be on hand "just in case" , clean and lube every 3 months or so, cleaned after every use, not a scratch on this thing. The only down side to the little beast, is that he had a shop made dust hood that did not come with this planer. (he had two AP-10's, and kept the "newer" of the two when he sold me this one.)

I know I can fabricate a hood like his, but wondered if anyone here had an original hood laying about that they might be willing to part with?

If this is NOT the place to post a "Want to find" post, I apologize, and hope the mod-god's will both excuse, and move the post to the appropriate forum.

Thanks all, im back to reading up on my new-to-me little monster!!!!!
Working...