Porter Cable 4112 dovetail jig router bit.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holbren
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryG
    The dovetail bit is a 17/32" dia, 7deg angle. If you also need the straight bit, it is a 13/32" dia.

I've only used the original bits that came with my 4212 jig, but have read that the Porter-Cable bits can be hard to find. If so, Whiteside no. RD7531 is the same as the P-C dovetail bit. Hartville Tool has it, for $17.99.
    The Whiteside number is D7-531, the "R" at the front is a Hartville thing. The 13/32" straight bit is the 1064A.

Leave a comment:

• compgodjds
    replied
    NO. Crap ... my bad. I completely misread the model number of your jig. We talk so much about the newer 4212 around here that what you wrote failed to register. My bad. Endless apologies.

I think, but am not sure, the 4112 uses a 14deg bit. Call Hartville Tool ... they will know, since the same jigs they sell are identical to the older P-C models.

That's why I replied because I thought maybe the model number would confuse peoplw since I don't think anyone uses the older version. Thanks for the link it says it came with a 1/2 inch 14 degree bit.

Leave a comment:

• jarhead
    replied
    1/2" 14° dovetail bit

1/2" 14° dovetail bit

Linky

Leave a comment:

• LarryG
    replied
    Originally posted by compgodjds
    So the 4112 uses the same bits as the 4212 then?
    NO. Crap ... my bad. I completely misread the model number of your jig. We talk so much about the newer 4212 around here that what you wrote failed to register. My bad. Endless apologies.

I think, but am not sure, the 4112 uses a 14deg bit. Call Hartville Tool ... they will know, since the same jigs they sell are identical to the older P-C models.

Leave a comment:

• compgodjds
    replied
    So the 4112 uses the same bits as the 4212 then? I will order the ones you guys said thanks.

Leave a comment:

• THyman
    replied
    The dovetail bit is a 17/32" dia, 7deg angle. If you also need the straight bit, it is a 13/32" dia.

I've only used the original bits that came with my 4212 jig, but have read that the Porter-Cable bits can be hard to find. If so, Whiteside no. RD7531 is the same as the P-C dovetail bit. Hartville Tool has it, for $17.99.
    You could also get the Whiteside bit from Holbren or Woodcraft

Leave a comment:

• LarryG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• compgodjds
    started a topic Porter Cable 4112 dovetail jig router bit.

Porter Cable 4112 dovetail jig router bit.

I was given a 4112 porter cable dovetail jig but the rub collar and router bit were missing. I know the size of the rub collar but am unsure which router bit is needed. It is porter cable part number 43640. Any help would be appreciated. If no one knows I have a couple of dovetail bits and will try them out this weekend.

Thanks.
Working...