Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Marking Read Posts

Sam,

I just noticed an unusual charactertic on this forum. I opened and clicked on "Active Topics", got a list of 20 to 30 posts since I last checked. Wife called for a quick 30 minute honey-do -run to the store. I Quit my browser instead of logging out.

I specifically did NOT mark any as read as I only had time to read about 4 before the honey-do project.

When I came back here (still logged in) and went to the "Active Topics", ONLY the new topics in the last 30 minutes showed up.

I never checked the "Marked as Read" folder for the original 20 to 30, but they did that automatically. I thought I had been noticing this before but was not sure.

SO, Question: When "Active Topics" is clicked on, does the forum software automatically "Mark as read" all recent posts, even if we do Not flagg/mark it as read?

This seems to be happening to me and I realized that I have been missing some posts because they get marked before I get to read them.

If this is a part of the way the software works, I can live with it with no problem; if a bug, just wanted to pass it along.

QUESTION 2: Any way to Mark a specific forum as Read?

Hank
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
Working...