X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G8rgrad98
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2010

Makita 7.2 Vold Cordless Impact ScrewDriver

For sale for $50. No longer needed, used, but not very much at all.

I'm in North Central Florida.

Great screwdriver for cabinets/woodworking or general household use. I'm only selling because I bought a set of the Bosch pocket drivers and this tool is now expendable.

Online description and reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Makita-TD020DS.../dp/B000MPP558

The most powerful in-line screwdriver to date! Why? Well, two reasons: it sports the extended run time, high energy output Lithium-Ion batteries, and it's also an impact driver. It may seem unbelievable to have an impact driver so small, but it’s true. An impact driver hammers the chuck laterally to give increased torque to drilling and driving operations, as opposed to just relying on the motor to spin the chuck. This powerhouse provides 12-volt power, with Lithium-Ion and impact energy, in only 7.2 volts. This sweet little tool offers twice the torque of other 7.2 volt in-line screw drivers and any other in its class. Most in-line screw drivers are only 3.6 volts. This new Makita tool offers twice the voltage, twice the power and twice the run time of standard models.

Other great features include a comfortable rubber grip, an easy to reach thumb on/off switch and the easiest to use, all-metal, quick-change, hex, Insty bit chuck. The chuck only accepts drill bits and driver bits that have a hex shank at the opposite end of, for example, a no. 2 Phillips driver bit. This really speeds up bit changes. Hex Insty bits have really become the standard and are offered in every drill bit kit available. There is an accessory Makita chuck that converts the quick-change hex bit chuck into the older style 3-jaw chuck that will accept round shank drill bits, so you can use your existing bits.

What I like most about this tool is it bends nearly 90 degrees for controlled driving. Driving in-line is great for fast, light-duty driving. For example, electricians use these tools for installing wall plates over outlets and switches. Driving at a right angle is used for driving longer screws and driving/drilling where more controlled accuracy is needed. This tool also has an LED light under the chuck that illuminates the work area, which is great for working in dark cabinets and under shelves.
    Attached Files
Working...