This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigfish105

BT3100 and 21829 parts for sale

I recently replaced the belts on my 3100 while I had it apart I replaced the bearings. Within days of putting it back together I stripped the aluminum threads in the bracket on the motor that raises and lowers the blade. I then bought a used Sears 21289 I think, it's on a cart and has all the same parts as a 3000. It had play in the blade and I tracked it to the lack of shims. I took the shims from the 3100 and put it back together and it works fine, but I'm about to replace that saw too. So I have 2 SMT's one from the 3100 and one from the 3000, slightly different paint, otherwise identical. I have 2 Rip fences, one with the soft 3000 handle the other from the 3100. I have 1 router table and 1 table without the hole, 2 sets of rails, cabinets, switches, etc.

Apparently it's not a 21289. It looks like the Bt3000 but I'm not sure what it is. It's in good working order at the moment.
    Any reasonable offer will be considered. Thanks for looking.

I'm in Salem, Oregon
    Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2010, 09:53 PM. Reason: Wrong model number
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Bigfish105
    I recently replaced the belts on my 3100 while I had it apart I replaced the bearings. Within days of putting it back together I stripped the aluminum threads in the bracket on the motor that raises and lowers the blade. I then bought a used Sears 21289 I think, it's on a cart and has all the same parts as a 3000 I think. It had play in the blade and I tracked it to the lack of shims. I took the shims from the 3100 and put it back together and it works fine, but I'm about to replace that saw too. So I have 2 SMT's one from the 3100 and one from the 3000, slightly different paint, otherwise identical. I have 2 Rip fences, one with the soft 3000 handle the other from the 3100. I have 2 router tables. 2 sets of rails, cabinets, switches, etc.

Make me an offer I can't refuse on any or all the parts. Anxious to clean out the garage and buy a 5 hp 3phase for my new production shop!!

I'm in Salem, Oregon
    You must have a 22185 or a 22811 Sears model. They shared the BT3000 shim design.
    The 21829 has a quite different top and the collapsable stand and I'm pretty sure it has the BT3100 shim design which hardly ever goes bad...
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Is it a 21829? The SMT and table should be a grey powdercoat with no grooves, red enclosure, and 48" rails instead of the Ryobi 42", and on a folding stand. If not, it's probably the 22811. Virtually the same as the Ryobi.

Those 21829 rails don't come up for sale very often. I'd make you an offer on those if I didn't already have an extra pair.
      Erik

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

If the 21829, I am interested in the stand!
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Bigfish105

MY MISTAKE! Not the 21289!

Sorry guys I don't know how I got that number in my mind but it isn't the 21289.

Whatever it is, it looks like the BT3000 on the cart with wheels. guts seemed identical to my 3100 but it had no shims. SMT is identical but with darker paint in the grooves...

Comment

Working...