• Show
Clear All
  • yamato72
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2009
    • Lansing, MI

Bt3000 (13A) in Mid-Michigan

This has been sold. Thanks for looking.

I'm busy using and enjoying my new(er) BT3100, but managed to take the time to clean this one up and get it listed.

Verbatim from my craigslist posting:

This saw was purchased new by my father in 1995 and has been in my possession for the last 3 years. It is in good condition mechanically and fair-good condition cosmetically. In my search for some additional accessories to mount a router to this particular saw, I ended up purchasing a newer version of the same saw, so I am putting this one up for sale.

This is a full-featured bench-top table saw; powerful, versatile, and accurate. The following original components are included:
    -Sliding miter table with adjustable fence and scale
    -Rip Fence
    -Accessory Table
    -Adjustable Rails
    -Blade Guard
    -Blade Wrenches and Owner's Manual

The following accessories are included:
    -Work Stand with Casters
    -Dust Bag

The original blade has been lost to time; I have included an Oldham 24T "combination" blade, though I find it is better suited to ripping.

I have cleaned everything up and aligned the miter table, miter fence, and rip fence to the blade per the manufacturer's instructions. I have lubricated and adjusted all components. Everything works. The motor shims are in place and working fine; blade tilt and elevation are smooth. I have contacted Ryobi, and, based on the serial number, the on/off switch is not affected by the past recall notice.

The miter fence has several dings and, as is typical with this saw, several saw cuts in the end. There are some minor surface stains on the saw cabinet. This saw comes with the new-style work stand. I preferred the older stand to the one that came on my new saw, so I swapped the two.

Replacement parts continue to be readily available, and I've found a wonderful online community at www.bt3central.com for tips/tricks/care.

The saw is S/N 7145259146 (manufacture date 1991)
    13A motor, 4800 RPM
    Max cutting depth 3 9/16" @ 90°

Local pickup.
    Last edited by yamato72; 06-11-2009, 06:10 PM. Reason: The saw has been sold
Working...